It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Brescia
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:02 pm 

Who knows the ballbearing dimensions from a Brescia crankshaft ? The later crankshaft has in the middle and at the end a ballbearing .

Post subject: Re: Brescia
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:51 pm 

Udolahr wrote:
Who knows the ballbearing dimensions from a Brescia crankshaft ? The later crankshaft has in the middle and at the end a ballbearing .

just for you Udo here is the Klausen Steyr of Herr List

Attachments:
image-3.jpg
image-3.jpg [ 92.97 KiB | Viewed 4960 times ]
image-15.jpg
image-15.jpg [ 86.19 KiB | Viewed 4960 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:28 pm 

indeed, austrian cars had been famous for races/hillclimbs in the 2o`s and 3o`s. not only steyr cars, hans stuck on the austro daimler bergmeister and so on.
but we also have a long automotive history. the 1888 marcus wagen ist the only full original car from the dawn of motor history. and . indeed, we still have the most important surviving car in the world: the gräf& stift, in which the archduke of austria, Franz Ferdinand, was killed in Sarajevo, the beginning of WW I, with the bullet holes still visiable.
and of course, if you hav a look into the steinhäuser book, many of the early bug`s have been sold to the former "austria & hungary" kingdom

mike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:38 pm 

For a second I thought there is an answer about the ball bearing dimensions ! But only for one second . 8)
Back to the forum habits : Is this the original color ? Anybody knows the chassis number ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:03 pm 

hortig78rpm wrote:
indeed, austrian cars had been famous for races/hillclimbs in the 2o`s and 3o`s. not only steyr cars, hans stuck on the austro daimler bergmeister and so on.
but we also have a long automotive history. the 1888 marcus wagen ist the only full original car from the dawn of motor history. and . indeed, we still have the most important surviving car in the world: the gräf& stift, in which the archduke of austria, Franz Ferdinand, was killed in Sarajevo, the beginning of WW I, with the bullet holes still visiable.
and of course, if you hav a look into the steinhäuser book, many of the early bug`s have been sold to the former "austria & hungary" kingdom

mike

I suggest you look up the Cugnot steam carriage of the 18th century [not the 19th ! It is still on display at Les Arts et Metiers Museum in Paris.[not that anyone would be foolish enough to drive it now]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:05 pm 

Udolahr wrote:
For a second I thought there is an answer about the ball bearing dimensions ! But only for one second . 8)
Back to the forum habits : Is this the original color ? Anybody knows the chassis number ?

Are you talking about the chassis number of the Type 5? or the Steyr ? There was some sort of red paint on some of the original parts of the Steyr,but this could have been red oxide paint.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

I might split this thread in 2 seperate threads... :) I guess this thread can reaceive an award fro the fastest possible way of getting off-topic.

To add to that: There is a nice program on Discovery Channel about a couple of guys that make Da Vinci inventions, including a car. Every week another subject.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:09 am 

I know , I am asking the wrong questions .From Bugattis shoe size to Brescia ball bearing dimensions . :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:57 am 

You are right, you should ask about the chassis number of the shoes, that will give a load of reactions!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:57 pm 

J.J.Horst wrote:
You are right, you should ask about the chassis number of the shoes, that will give a load of reactions!

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:01 pm 

Lanos , you did missanderstand his post . His comment to the chassis number was a very serious answer . :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:30 pm 

What can I say?... In this forum it is expected to find a lot of knowledge on Bugatti; but it is surprising and very pleasurable to find also such a great sense of humour.

PS: In the topic "Important Question!: Ettore Bugatti's shoe size" I found since the beginning a skilled German engineer asking politely for technical help. All my respect for him :wink: .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:05 am 

look,it is easy to find "a great sense of humour" in this forum , compare to any technical info :roll: