It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Type 40 reg UF 4524
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:14 pm 

Hello,

I have seen in the photo gallery a recent picture of this Bugatti Type 40.
I attach a picture of this very car taken at Crewe circa 1963( I'm wearing the Beatle jacket) the photo was taken at my grandfathers house in Crewe,
where he was the Chief Electrical Engineer at Rolls Royce.
The car was restored by Peter Hill the son of his neighbour who was serving as an apprentice with Rolls Royce at Crewe.
Whilst the restoration work was being completed the car was locally known as the Bomb.

I would hope that the current owner would appreciate this new information.
If the owner of the car would like a professional copy of the picture please email me and we could arrange for this to be done.
The attached picture was scanned in so will not be the best quality, the size of the orginal picture is 3.5 x 5.5 (inches)

Thanks
David Mould

email ; dm444@talktalk.net

Post subject: Re: Type 40 reg UF 4524
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Great info, thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:44 pm 

Beautiful information and a beautiful photograph.
Welcome on the site :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:47 pm 

gerrit wrote:
Beautiful information and a beautiful photograph.
Welcome on the site :D

owned in 2000 by M.C Dickson.purchased in 1985.chassis number 40652.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:34 pm 

Thanks for the supplement :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:28 am 

My first post to this esteemed forum! Please be gentle with me...

I am the owner of UF 4524 and extremely grateful for the posting by David Mould. I have tried to contact David by email but have had no response so far - maybe he's away. It's always good to be able to fill in the history of one's car particularly when it is so elderly. In this respect I've had some little success - a gentleman approached me at the VSCC sprint at Goodwood about four years ago having owned the car in the late 80s for a short time - he mailed me an old buff log book and the bill of sale. Through the intermediary actions of the BOC, another quite elderly chap wrote to me from Cornwall - as an inpecunious young RAF officer he too had owned UF4524 in the very early 50s and sent me photographs taken of the car at that time plus an 'engine out' shot whilst in the process of overhaul; in the same envelope arrived a burnt exhaust valve and a number of Bugatti bolts!

As an aside - although since school days I have nurtured a love and interest in all things Bugatti, it was following the chance meeting with fellow forumiste M.'Lazarus' that I was galvanised into becoming an owner. When he was resident in my part of the world he would tolerate my intrusions into his workshop and induct me into the wonders of M.Bugatti's products. This infection took hold until I could resist no more - hence UF4524, a car with which I am absolutely delighted and have driven many thousands of miles. I shrugged off the 'Morris Cowley' taunts and discovered for myself what fine vehicles the four cylinder cars are...oh to try a Brescia and a Type 37! Not that a '35 would look out of place in the shed - but I must be realistic!

As our friend Lazarus knows I maintain a considerable interest in classic one track vehicles too...the search for a Type 72 and Peugeot bicycle continues!

Attached should be (if I get this right) a picture of UF 4524 on the day of collection.

Attachments:
Bug1.jpg
Bug1.jpg [ 192.65 KiB | Viewed 4340 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:43 am 

Welcome on the site.
Thanks for the information and what a proud possession.
It have been aroused curiosity to the development of Type-72. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:28 pm 

Jon Dudley wrote:
My first post to this esteemed forum! Please be gentle with me...

I am the owner of UF 4524 and extremely grateful for the posting by David Mould. I have tried to contact David by email but have had no response so far - maybe he's away. It's always good to be able to fill in the history of one's car particularly when it is so elderly. In this respect I've had some little success - a gentleman approached me at the VSCC sprint at Goodwood about four years ago having owned the car in the late 80s for a short time - he mailed me an old buff log book and the bill of sale. Through the intermediary actions of the BOC, another quite elderly chap wrote to me from Cornwall - as an inpecunious young RAF officer he too had owned UF4524 in the very early 50s and sent me photographs taken of the car at that time plus an 'engine out' shot whilst in the process of overhaul; in the same envelope arrived a burnt exhaust valve and a number of Bugatti bolts!

As an aside - although since school days I have nurtured a love and interest in all things Bugatti, it was following the chance meeting with fellow forumiste M.'Lazarus' that I was galvanised into becoming an owner. When he was resident in my part of the world he would tolerate my intrusions into his workshop and induct me into the wonders of M.Bugatti's products. This infection took hold until I could resist no more - hence UF4524, a car with which I am absolutely delighted and have driven many thousands of miles. I shrugged off the 'Morris Cowley' taunts and discovered for myself what fine vehicles the four cylinder cars are...oh to try a Brescia and a Type 37! Not that a '35 would look out of place in the shed - but I must be realistic!

As our friend Lazarus knows I maintain a considerable interest in classic one track vehicles too...the search for a Type 72 and Peugeot bicycle continues!

Attached should be (if I get this right) a picture of UF 4524 on the day of collection.
On my old car park if I am not mistaken ! I recognise the fence ! Welcome to the best forum on the web John.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:21 am 

Indeed it is John!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:23 am 

Does anyone know David Mould? If so maybe you'd be kind enough to let him know that I am trying to contact him re. the photograph, memories etc.

Many thanks

Jon