It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: About the Bugatti Review
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:13 am 
Valued contributor

Greetings

I would like to direct you to an article in the latest issue of Jaap Horst's Bugatti Review. Written by Kay Hottendorff, Arnoud and Ard op de Weegh, it is a passionately written piece on the treatment of Michel Dovaz and his car collection by a certain writer.

Certainly what I have read up to now, would seem to suggest that Mr Dovaz is guilty of ill treatment of Bugattis, and that he is possibly insane. This is why I enjoyed this article so much. It corrects a misconception: and for the record, there is a huge difference between following one's own path in life and being mentally unbalanced.

The article also makes very clear the abuse Mr Dovas suffered at the hands of greedy buyers/ collectors. Can you believe that some miscreant actually took a welding-torch to a Bugatti Atalanta and stole the front axle?

A final thought; Mr Dovas bought these cars with his own money, they are his property and he can surely do with them what he likes? I love the photos of his unrestored T57SC Atalanta (57542? - I do not have Laugier with me at the moment) And if this car should remain unrestored, I shall remain pleased.

To the authors of this article I give thanks for restoring the honour of Mr Dovas.

Kind Regards
Johan Buchner