It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Erik Koux Bugatti
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:58 pm 

Can anyone recommend any articles about Erik Koux Bugattis? I've done a fair amount of research online and discovered articles about Erik and the Bugatti as well as an amount concerning his 57 Atlantic builds. Although I'm a Muscle Car enthusiast, I've been touched by an opportunity to be up close and personal to one of his pieces of rolling art. Hopefully the opportunity will return, and this time me with my camera!

Post subject: Re: Erik Koux Bugatti
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:42 pm 

http://www.bugattirevue.com/revue39/erik.htm
Site info from, Jaap Horst :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:26 pm 

If you've read Walter Jamieson's article "Erik and the Atlantic" on The Bugatti Revue, written with Erik's help, you've already got what there is. All you can do is try to find people who own them and contact them. Erik has the last one he built. He lives in Provence; try to contact him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:12 am 

The Atlantic replica owned by Jay Leno is partially by Erik Koux. As I understand it, Koux supplied a number of parts and information and lent the the mold over which the aluminum body was formed. The body was built by Crailville Coachbuilers in England. They have a web site on which the body is shown under construction. In addition, if you go to Jay Leno's Garage online, you can find this car, hear him discuss it, and watch him drive it on city streets, open roads and freeways in the Burbank, California area.