It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Volkswagen Atlantic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 pm 

Who knows anything about the Atlantic in " Autostadt " . The car is not in running condition . Anybody knows some details ?

Post subject: Re: Volkswagen Atlantic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:52 pm 

Hi,

The black one I suppose.
I heard that it is a replica made by Mr. Koux some years ago and if the story about it is right then VW thought that it was an original when they acquired it. :lol:

Greetings:

minime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:10 am 

Yes, I can see a problem with this community as everyone who knows stuff keeps it for himself, to have the "power" over ordinary Bugatti fans.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:22 pm 

amc wrote:
Yes, I can see a problem with this community as everyone who knows stuff keeps it for himself, to have the "power" over ordinary Bugatti fans.

?????

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:22 am 

So . what do you think this community knows ? They know only what everybody can read in the Bugatti books , thats all . Reading in books and looking in the internet .And many info from the books is wrong . and gets repeated again and again .
For example minime comment , " The black one " . The Volkswagen Atlantic is RED .Everyone knows that the Volkswagen Atlantic is red , except for a few who do not know it . And the Story that Volkswagen thought they bought an original Atlantic for about 5 million € . How naiv must somebody be to belive it . And do you like to know why nobody answers my question ? Because nobody knows anything about it . It is so easy . ( some know about it ,but they are quiet, it's too embarrassing ).
Have a look in this forum what happens every time I ask a technical question. Bingo - game over .There is no technical knowlige at all . It`s a world of chassis numbers!
If you like to get info about Bugatti , you need to talk with people like Norbert Steinhäuser , or some old ex Bugatti workers .
There is no "power" over ordinary Bugatti fans, but always remember ,
"" Never show a small man that you need him !"" Winston Churchill
It is a long way to anderstand "" I know that I know nothing "" Sokrates .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:49 am 

Udolahr wrote:
Have a look in this forum what happens every time I ask a technical question. Bingo - game over .There is no technical knowlige at all . It`s a world of chassis numbers!
:lol: :lol:
I dont believe there's no one on this forum who knows the story behind the "piano wire wheels", for example. I believe some of you are old and full of knowledge with practical access on Bugatti's.
I know I should buy more books :mrgreen:
Referring to your question, again it's the power of information, some people keep it for themselves, maybe it would help on the market, or something like that, maybe its something illegal about the car, or something not quite right about the car.
And it's not the same thing as asking a pure technical question.

Last edited by amc on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:53 am 
Site Admin

amc is right in a way, and Udo, although he disagrees, is telling the same:

technical knowledge is seldomly shared, at least not on this forum or any other that I am aware of. Which is a real shame. There are pleny of visitors here that DO have loads of technical know-how.

Sharing that knowledge, and documenting it is very important. There are enough tips and tricks that already have been forgotten, I am sure about that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:34 am 

Herman wrote:
amc is right in a way, and Udo, although he disagrees, is telling the same:

technical knowledge is seldomly shared, at least not on this forum or any other that I am aware of. Which is a real shame. There are pleny of visitors here that DO have loads of technical know-how.

Sharing that knowledge, and documenting it is very important. There are enough tips and tricks that already have been forgotten, I am sure about that.

I always answer questions about Bugatti.Only when I have no knowledge do I keep quiet.I know nothing about VW and their buying spree so I said nothing.As to the T59 wheels,It is well known that Bugatti designed his aluminium wheels so as to avoid paying the engish Rudge Whitworth company for use of patents.I have never studied the T59 wheel but the concept is obvious when you look at them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:49 pm 

If you like to know about the cars , go to a Bugatti meeting . A big part of it is illegal , almost all cars have mistakes . Never belive what the car owner tells you . Most engines are in bad shape and so on . To find a real original one with a good running engine is almost impossible .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

These cars are at least 70 years old, many even almost 90 years. After that time it is no wonder things need replacing. How much of the original Eiffel tower is still original?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:43 pm 

I do not know about the Eiffel tower . But there are many Bugattis with a original steering box and the rest is new . Or take a original one apart and bild with new parts 3 cars . And so on .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 pm 

the VW atlantic is an chamaelion. it change his colour from brown over blue to red....
Or are here more Koux-Bugatti, then Koux has build?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:49 pm 

Volkswagen bought only one Atlantic .

Attachments:
Fin 1.jpg
Fin 1.jpg [ 157.37 KiB | Viewed 7875 times ]

Last edited by Udolahr on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 pm 

Sorry if I got the color wrong, actually it appeared to be black on the picture on Bugatti Wiki and I haven't seen it in real. At a second view it really seems dark red.
Also I will not travel 700 km to see it even if it is well made it's always only a replica, sad enough on an original Atalante chassis... :(

Udo, was your initial question a technical one or were you just looking for an occasion to let once more everyone over here know that in your opinion there is no technical competence on earth and in this forum except yours?

Greetings.

Minime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:51 am 

This is a real question , a little technical . And maybe it has to do why you think the car is black .