It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: A small village, in The Netherlands, I believe.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:50 pm 
Valued contributor

One of the nice things about regarding one's fellow man with distrust bordering on contempt, is that occasionally one gets very pleasantly surprised.

Evert Louwman is turning into the most pleasant surprise since Hugh Conway first uttered the immortal words : "I feel like a spot of writing, actually." Yes, really. I recently got the March edition of Classic & Sports Car which features the esteemed Mr. Louwman's Collection at Raamsdonkerveer. And should you wish to see even more, SuperCars.Net has just released a gallery of his cars as well.

What remarkable taste the man has! From pre-WW1 to Indy Roadsters, from Bugattis to Toyotas and from Spykers to Can-Am racers this is a very eclectic and personal range of cars. Some are extremely original, some are restored, and yes, some have been restored by Americans, and yes, some were restored by a German called Kaus. But the original ones! Oh my Darlings, my Dears, what glory this man brings to Holland! Fashion be damned - Evert Louwman collects exactly what he wants, and, best of all, this collection is open to both the public and everyone with access to the internet. Surfing the Net looking for the Schlumf cars is a lot more difficult, I assure you.

Of course, I always knew that Evert Louwman was a most generous man, who enjoys sharing his good fortune with car lovers the world over, but you all doubted him didn't you? Well, how foolish you must all feel now..................... .............................................................no, wait. Oops.

Regards
Johan Buchner