It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Proper Finish for Bugatti 50T Plumbing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:40 pm 
Hi,

Most photos I have of the subject engine are in B&W and as such, is difficult to discern color. However, of the color photos that I do have I have noticed the oil line plumbing is either copper or chrome (or other semi-high polished look (i.e., the prototype engine photos on the Model Motorcar reference CD)).

My quesiton is, if I want to be historically faithful to the period, which finish should the plumbing be done in?

Thanks,

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome on the forum. Please do expect to see the website soon as well.

For the plumbing: originally, most of it is copper, eg the oil lines are. Some other parts, like the control lines of the blower, are plain steel.

You are building a Pocher 50T, I presume?

I can send you some photo's of a 50T engine, in color, if you wish. Please let me know.

Best regards,

Herman

Post subject: Engine Plumbing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:13 pm 
Hi Herman,

Yes, I'm building a Pocher 50T, and thanks, yes, I would love some color photos.

As I think I noted in my first post (which I can't see right now..) what color photos I do have show both copper and steel/aluminum/chrome (not guessing at actual material, just the appearance). With Bugatti's extensive use of machined aluminum of various finishes, copper almost looks out of place, but I would still go that route if that's the correct thing to do.

Thanks Herman!