It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Johan's little epiphany
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:10 pm 
Valued contributor

Last week Thursday I received my copy of the Wood book and by Saturday night I was comparing Conway, Wood and Borgeson's take on the Royale. As usual it didn't take long before Borgeson had me in a helpless fury. Pacing up and down, muttering about his misguided belief that he could write and making plans to dig up his mortal remains so I may lob stones at him, when all of a sudden I had the Mother of all epiphanies. Borgeson is one magnificent bastard! He moves me, he makes statements that I vehemently disagree with, and then I spend hours researching just to prove him wrong! If it wasn't for him, I would never have discovered the weirdly symbiotic relationship between Miller and Ettore. If it wasn't for him Ettore's strange sense of humour would have remained obscure. And the one I still have no idea about : Was Molsheim just a game? Griff pushes my buttons like no other author, and I love him for it. Wood is very good indeed, Laugier is a god but I remain a disciple of Hugh Conway. He was the first, you see. But Borgeson gives me the red mist. Me like, a lot

Since I started my quest to collect the definitive Bugatti library, I have added 17 titles. 16 of them gets used all the time, especially Borgeson, proving him wrong is such a delicious indulgence. But Barrie Price's book on the T46 & T50 is merely an ornament, I learn nothing from it. So to Dr. Bohuslav Klein, Mr. Roland Saunier and Mr. Kees Jansen I ask simply this : Where the Hell is my T46 book?! You said August. Today is the 4th of August, why, why must you torture me so? Do you have any idea what it is like to ache for the definitive T46 history, all the while having Barrie Price's useless little tome taunting me?

Please post the T46 book. Soonest, ta.

I feel better now thanks.
Johan Buchner