Two new newsletters from Bugatti Trust :

Newsletter No 27 Autumn 2007 :
http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/bm~doc/n ... -no-27.pdf

Newsletter No 28 Spring 2008 :
http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/bm~doc/n ... -no-28.pdf

Post subject: Re: Bugatti Trust Newsletters
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:39 pm 

Update 30-06-2009 :

Newsletter No 30 Autumn 2008 : http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/bm~doc/n ... -no-30.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:13 pm 

Update 05-10-2009 :

Newsletter No 31 Summer 2009 : http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/bm~doc/n ... -no-31.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:42 pm 

Does the Bugatti Trust have Photo Archive pictures of Type 35's and Type 37's?

I can find pictures of almost every other car, except for their grand prix cars, which seems unusual.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

They are still in the process of scanning all the albums. Some day they will be up. Untill that time you unfortunately have to do with the Bugatti photo server... :lol:

Post subject: Re: Bugatti Trust Newsletter No. 32
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:58 am 

The UK VSCC recently requested information from the Bugatti Trust about the cast aluminium wheels used on Bugattis.

The letter sent by the Trust's curator is published on pages 24/5 of Newsletter 32 published in Autumn 2009.

What prompted this enquiry?

My guess is the protest that has been launched against one of its directors, a nineteen stone Welshman, who is being accused of using wheels made in America on his "35B" which are said to be non-standard.

Now everybody knows that all the serious racers use cars full of non-standard bits.
How else can a Brescia give 100 bhp without non-standard bits inside ?
I understand that the original Brescia team cars probably gave less than 40 bhp originally.

What I can't understand is why the VSCC and the UK BOC have allowed brand new cars made in the Argentine to run in the Williams Trophy race and how cars running plain bearing pressure-fed crankshafts can be described in the programme as type 35B, which, to the best of my knowledge always left Molsheim with a roller-bearing crank.

About four years ago I did ask the VSCC for a copy of the Williams Trophy regulations and was referred back to the BOC who in turn referred me back to the VSCC.
What I can't understand is how someone can be accused of contravening regulations when they have never been put into print.

And can someone explain to me how the Dixon Brooklands Riley (great car that it is) can be described as a pre-1934 GRAND PRIX CAR ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:41 am 

this is something, I`ve often writen in this forum. all the rules of the VCC or the VSCC
the BoC and so on..... have been made up by self apointed "gods", " gurus" and
all kinds of people, mostly in great britain, who always think, that they are the only ones in the world to establish rules, which must be accepted by the "rest " of the world.
same as you can find in the recent discussion on the originality of a T35. mr. in the 8o`s conway said "yes", around 2ooo mr sewell said "no", maybe in ten years another will say " maybe"......
I wonder how much cars had been acceptedduring the last 15 years by the VSCC
which had been build by using an edwardian chassis with a high powered machine from airplanes of that time. these cars never existed. in the same way, they don`t allow speedsders made on lea francis etc. chassis ex fireengines....
the VCC has a long established " dating comitee", which is about to say if a car is eligable for the brighton run, which rises the value of a car , and there hab been many
troubles, from members from overseas, who had dated their cars at home, which was not accepted by the british comitee..........

so look out, not to have too much to do with them, it`s not worth worrying about
mike

Post subject: Re: Bugatti Trust Newsletter No. 32
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:56 pm 

GCL-Wales wrote:
The UK VSCC recently requested information from the Bugatti Trust about the cast aluminium wheels used on Bugattis.

The letter sent by the Trust's curator is published on pages 24/5 of Newsletter 32 published in Autumn 2009.

What prompted this enquiry?

My guess is the protest that has been launched against one of its directors, a nineteen stone Welshman, who is being accused of using wheels made in America on his "35B" which are said to be non-standard.

Now everybody knows that all the serious racers use cars full of non-standard bits.
How else can a Brescia give 100 bhp without non-standard bits inside ?
I understand that the original Brescia team cars probably gave less than 40 bhp originally.

What I can't understand is why the VSCC and the UK BOC have allowed brand new cars made in the Argentine to run in the Williams Trophy race and how cars running plain bearing pressure-fed crankshafts can be described in the programme as type 35B, which, to the best of my knowledge always left Molsheim with a roller-bearing crank.

About four years ago I did ask the VSCC for a copy of the Williams Trophy regulations and was referred back to the BOC who in turn referred me back to the VSCC.
What I can't understand is how someone can be accused of contravening regulations when they have never been put into print.

And can someone explain to me how the Dixon Brooklands Riley (great car that it is) can be described as a pre-1934 GRAND PRIX CAR ?

I could not agree more with you!
I also experienced the attitude to point to the BOC and in turn the BOC to VSCC when matters as Argentinian lookalikes participating in the Willams Trophy and the use of limited slip differentials was questioned.
Hardly any ´VSCC eligible´car is using the period correct wheel rim width size so why is it now time to investigate the Bugatti rims ? Ridiculous.
I am not a VSCC member anymore.
Bugwrench

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:38 am 

Update 09-02-2010 :

Newsletter No 32 Autumn 2009 : http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/bm~doc/n ... -no-32.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 am 

Newsletter No 33 Winter 2009 : http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/bm~doc/n ... -no-33.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:01 am 

Newsletter 34 Spring 2010: http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/wp-conte ... ter-34.pdf

Newsletter 35 Summer 2010: http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/wp-conte ... ter-35.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:00 pm 

Newsletter 45 Winter 2013: http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/wp-conte ... ter-45.pdf

Last edited by Uwe on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:20 pm 

More newsletters ( 2013 tm 2015?)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:21 pm 

Index: http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/wp-conte ... h-2015.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:19 pm 

Thanks Uwe really interesting I had better join