It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Brescia Pistons
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:31 pm 

I need a set of Brescia type 13 pistons. Was going to use VW Polo pistons but cannot find any. Looking to raise c/ratio over standard. Any suggestions please?

Post subject: Re: Brescia Pistons
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:06 am 

With the last Brescia engine I made , I had the same problem . Nothing really fits . Today I buy blanks and machine them ready , or get the complete pistons made from the same company for a normal price .

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:17 pm 

I always get the question where do you get your parts made . We can build all in my workshop but sometimes it is better to get them made if it is over 5 . For example ,gears from Istanbul , allu castings Italy and Lithuania . Piston rings , Poland , but today most time Germany and Hungary . Bearings , own production . Steel castings , Prague and Germany .No more castings from England , the pound is too expensive and the quality is to low . For example , con rod from China , material 4140 , very nice made about 200$ .
Bugatti con rod made in England 520 pound - 910 € .But things are changing , it gets more and more cheaper to produce parts in Germany compared to cheap labor countries . Because about quality and this countries are not so cheap any more . Today piston rings made in Poland are the same price like made in Germany . China is not so cheap any more like 5 years ago .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:48 pm 

I have two pairs of Polo pistons for the Brescia available, all new-old stock. NOT for T40 but rather the Audi 80 type which give a compression ration around 1:8,5. One set came with the engine I bought years ago but did not match the block. The other set I bought came from Hungary, Kolben Schmidt originals. But then I had an unnoticed crack in my block and welding meant reboring. So I have two sets, both brand new with piston rings, piston pens and all. Fair price.