It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Future of Bugatti
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:47 pm 

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Prototipe in london??
http://log.autogespot.com/06-2009/google/6.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:26 pm 

bugatti91 wrote:
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Prototipe in london??
http://log.autogespot.com/06-2009/google/6.jpg

I have not understood the idea :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

"Just" a Veyron to me...

Or do you mean the rear car? (Bugatti going BMW style...)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:34 am 

I have read all articles with rumors and interviews with Bugatti people posted here one more time trying to predict what Bugatti may have to surprise us this September during Frankfurt auto show and Molsheim Centenaire event. Many sources claim that Bugatti will present more details on the future models this September. Some sources claim that even more powerfull Veyron will be launched. I remeber there were interview with Bugatti chief-engineer and he told that engine easily could be tuned for some extra power and torque and Paefgen told in one of the interviews that Bugatti will always prepare an answer for competitors if someone will try to beat them. This means that possibility of such Veyron launch is rather high.

So what other goodies Bugatti can show us? Unique Centenaire Grand Sport at Pebble Beach? Some unique special Veyrons both coupe and Grand Sport at Molsheim event and Frankfurt auto show? I still hope that more powerful Veyron will be launched and that Bugatti future will be unveiled not with some strange new limousines, but with true Veyron replacement, lighter, more powerful, equipes with all latest and greatest tech and will stay on the very top of an automotive industry.

Any prediction, opinions to share?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:26 pm 

Automotive Industry

Bugatti Brand

Reuters :
VW chairman Piech gets upper hand
Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:14am EDT

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen chairman Ferdinand Piech tightened his grip over Porsche on Thursday after the sportscar maker's chief executive was ousted following a power struggle to keep Porsche independent.

Porsche's board, of which Piech is a member, axed Wendelin Wiedeking in the early hours of Thursday morning, removing a key obstacle to the sale of Porsche's sportscar business to VW.

Porsche abandoned an audacious takeover attempt of Volkswagen after it ran up more than 10 billion euros ($14 billion) in debt. The Stuttgart-based auto maker was instead forced to negotiate a merger with VW but repeatedly clashed with Volkswagen's chairman about the terms of such a deal.

The Porsche board also proposed raising 5 billion euros in equity to prepare for the integration process.

Wiedeking's ouster underlines Piech's skill as a tactician whose ability to outmaneuver rivals and allies has seen him steadily grow his influence at VW and Porsche during a 46-year career in the auto industry.

It also marks a crucial step toward adding a tenth brand to an automotive empire built by Piech that includes low-end, mass-market and luxury carmakers as well as trucks, and holds the VW, Bentley, Bugatti, Skoda, Audi and Scania brands.

Piech's career might then eclipse that of his illustrious grandfather Ferdinand Porsche, who founded Porsche and designed the original VW Beetle.

The deal still requires negotiation, but Piech looks set to dictate the terms for creating an "integrated" company.

Piech has often been underestimated because he tends to keep employees and business partners in the dark, leaving them to guess his next move, people who have worked for him said.

While development chief at Audi, he had different teams work on the aerodynamics of the Audi 100, using wind tunnels in Hamburg, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg and Turin to complete parts of the development. He had the results of tests sent to Ingolstandt, where Audi is headquartered.

"I was in the middle of it all, putting together the pieces of the puzzle," he said in his autobiography.

SOFTLY SPOKEN BUT ASSERTIVE

Getting hold of Porsche would also mark a return of Piech's management influence at Porsche, where he spent nine years of his career before quitting as board member for research and production in 1971.

At the time, Porsche's owning families, his relatives, decided they didn't want a family member to lead the Stuttgart-based maker of the iconic 911 sportscar.

Although Piech's aspirations for leading Porsche were dashed in the 1970's, he went on to hold senior positions at Audi and Mercedes-Benz before rising to become Volkswagen's chief executive in 1993 and eventually chairman in 2002.

In recent months Piech has stepped up a campaign to assert his influence over Porsche, both as a shareholder himself and as head of Volkswagen, one of Porsche's most important suppliers.

Though softly spoken, Piech is unfazed by tension, and often encourages rivalries, people who have worked for him say.

"It's not possible to take a company to the top by focusing on the highest level of harmony," he said in his autobiography.

Because the Piech clan controls just under half the votes in Porsche, and the owning families need 75 percent approval for major decisions, Piech's side of the family retains a veto even at Porsche.

Piech also underlined Volkswagen's control over Porsche in 2008 by helping to block a cooperation deal that would have given Porsche access to VW's technologies. Piech later voted in favor of the cooperation, but only after infuriating his cousin, Wolfgang Porsche, the Porsche chairman.

Porsche is heavily dependent on Volkswagen, which delivers or assembles components for a third of all Porsche cars, including the body and engine for the four-door Panamera and Cayenne luxury offroader models.

A PRODUCT PERSON

Piech is widely admired for his intimate knowledge of engineering. He helped to revive Volkswagen by developing a modular construction system that saves costs by allowing several different cars to share the same underpinnings.

But Piech clashed with shareholders and some of his own managers for putting the brakes on cost cutters and betting instead on quality improvements and technical innovations in the hope that higher profits would follow.

"I have always primarily felt like a product person ... Economics and politics have never been able to distract me from the core of our business: to develop and make attractive cars," he said in his autobiography.

Piech has relied on the support of labor leaders to keep his career alive at VW, sometimes even at the expense of executives he himself had appointed.

Wolfgang Bernhard a former Daimler and Chrysler executive and head of the VW brand, and Bernd Pischetsrieder, VW's CEO, both left the company after Piech backed union leaders who sought to limit cost cutting measures at VW.

Under Piech's watch, VW bought the Bentley, Bugatti and Lamborghini brands in a single year.

He also pushed the VW brand upmarket by developing the VW Phaeton, and the unprofitable Bugatti Veyron, a move that ultimately put him on a collision course with Wiedeking, who thought Piech was squandering VW's money on "vanity projects."

(Reporting by Edward Taylor, editing by Will Waterman)

($1=.7039 Euro)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:22 am 

Échec and mat !! Congratulations Mr Piëch!
Once again you've won the war.
I hope this will insure Bugatti future

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:11 pm 

In France, there is a fable "the frog and the cow"
when the frog want to be as big as the cow.... She blows Échec and mat out !!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:07 am 

From Autoblog.com :

That's it, ladies and gents. The seemingly endless train of special edition Bugatti Veyrons has ended. Allegedly. After taking the wraps off the Sang Noir, Pur Sang, Fbg by Hermes, Grand Sport, Bleu Centenaire and the quartet of individual Centenaire tribute editions, to say nothing of the individual specials in between, Auto Motor und Sport says that the Sang Bleu edition of the Grand Sport which Bugatti unveiled at this past weekend's Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance will be the last special edition Veyron that Molsheim will build. With a reported 250 out of the 300 Veyrons initially earmarked for production now built and sold, Bugatti's moving on to its next project, tentatively dubbed Bordeaux. At which point the whole shpeil will presumably start all over again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:04 pm 

Ho scritto a Bugatti SAS per sapere se l'immagine che girava su internet era vera o un semplice fake...
mi e stato detto che non possono essere diffuse informazioni a riguardo della "Bordeaux"...

Se nn possono essere diffuse informazioni vuol dire che non è un fake o quant'altro...
penso che debutterà o a Francoforte oppure al Bugatti Festival in Molsheim...

Last edited by bugatti91 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:03 pm 

I am not so sure that Auto Motor un Sport are correct by saying that there will be no more special one-offs to celebrate the Centenaire, the is no logic here, I still think that Bugatti will show the final bunch of unique and special one-off Veyrons at Molsheim event and at Franfurt to finalize the Centenaire celebration during the year, such move would be way more logical. I suppose their conclusion is based on latest Bugatti press release about Sang Bleu, but they must know that latest and last are two very different words. But only time will show us who is right. Both events are only few weeks ahead.

bugatti91 wrote:
I Send to Bugatti Sas for take information to the Bordeaux...
I Research an Officiality to the Bordeaux but he cant do an officiality for impossibility...

I think is official... but I dont know when Debut... I think in Frankfurt...
not in Italian Motorshow... :(

Sorry, but I have not understand the main idea of your post about Bordeaux :? Can you please PM me this text in your native Italian, that will be great.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:37 pm 

"that latest and last are two very different words"

I agree

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:16 pm 

Thanks bugatti91. Now I understand your post. Answer you recieved from Bugatti shows that they something they are working on. I am waiting hard for more official news from Bugatti and hope that new car will be even more exciting than Veyron.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:48 pm 

I think presentation of "Bordeaux" (project codename) will be in Molsheim, on 12th september for 100th birthday.
look at Bugatti bordeaux topic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:49 pm 

OFFICIAL!!! NEW BUGATTI CONCEPT IN SEMPTEMBER!!!
But is not the Bordeaux...

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1032 ... t-bordeaux

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:13 pm 

Bugatti september concept is one of 3 concept design of the future model...
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArtic ... rs/242579/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next