It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Future of Bugatti
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:20 am 

Today web news :

Luxury car segment takes a dive as financial crisis bites

Meanwhile the upper end of the super sports car segment is unperturbed by the financial crisis. The annual production run of 70 units for the Bugatti Veyron, owned by VW, is sold out with each car selling at 1.2 million euros without the extras.
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:11 pm 

^^^Great news.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:43 am 

CHINA - TOP CHOICE FOR WORLD’S FIRST BUGATTI SHOWROOM

(Beijing, China, 23 September 2009)

Legendary luxury sports car manufacturer, Bugatti, today celebrated the next landmark development in the history of this prestigious luxury automobile brand with the grand opening of its first showroom in the world located in the heart of China’s capital city Beijing. Officiating at today’s opening ceremony was Mr Alasdair Stewart, Sales, Marketing and Customer Service Director of Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S., Mr Peter Mak, Director of Bugatti China and Mr Wilson Ho, General Manager of Bugatti Beijing.
Founded in 1909 in Molsheim, Germany, by Italian engineer Ettore Bugatti and owned by the Volkwagen Group since 1998, brand Bugatti has long been famous for its artistic approach to arte-forme-technique and is a truly European brand: incorporating Italian origins, German engineering and French production. A symbol of the Ultimate Luxury Sports Car, the Bugatti Veyron was officially introduced to China at the Beijing International Auto Show 2008, where it immediately earned the appreciation and reputation as the only super sports car that properly reflects the success and social status of the new generations of emerging super rich.

The introduction of this first-ever showroom also heralds Bugatti’s 100th anniversary and a century of producing one of the most prestigious luxury automobiles in the world. It further demonstrates Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. and Bugatti China’s vote of confidence in relation to both the future growth of the luxury car segment and the Mainland’s flourishing economy.

“Today represents Bugatti’s extremely important development globally as this is the very first showroom set up in the world,” stated Bugatti China Director Mr Peter Mak.
“Already recognized as one of world’s most important economies, China’s super luxury car market has grown in leaps and bounds. The recent global economic turmoil has little effect in China’s auto market and Bugatti China will continue to invest and expand our infrastructure and network to ensure every honoured Bugatti owner enjoys nothing but the most meticulous sales and after sales services.”
The vibrant economic growth in China during the last 10 years has bred a new generation of multi-millionaires with a discerning taste for luxury branded products. With a history of more than 30 years in the PRC automotive market, DCH carries a strong expertise in importing and promoting high-end luxury automobiles, such as Bentley vehicles into Mainland China.

Potential buyers of Bugatti in China are mainly successful businessmen, entrepreneurs and ultra-high networth individuals with over USD 30 million assets. These customers normally own dozens of cars, yachts or even private jets and are keen collectors too.

Beijing is the country’s capital city with strategic implications and importance. Setting up the showroom in Beijing signifies Bugatti’s official entry into the China market. Jin Bao Street is located in the heart of the city, a premium location with good accessibility that appeals to extremely high quality consumers. Jin Bao Street also has a solid reputation as the headquarters for super luxury auto brands. With due consideration for the special characteristics and purchasing behavior of Chinese consumers, a Bugatti showroom in China is crucial, to satisfy discerning consumers’ desire to see, touch and smell this piece of extreme mobile art piece.

“It is very exciting to witness the establishment of Bugatti’s first showroom in the world here in China,” stated Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. Sales, Marketing & Customer Service
Director Mr Alasdair Stewart. “This is another magnificent milestone in this Bugatti’s centennial anniversary year.”

“Among the 300 limited units of Bugatti Veyron 16.4, 250 units were sold, and 215 have already been delivered to delighted purchasers. We are extremely confident that Bugatti will be able to achieve a great success in the extremely promising China market, with our first ever showroom opening in Beijing. The car currently displayed in the showroom is a special edition that pays homage to the most successful racing model and Mr Ettor Bugatti’s Masterpiece Type 35 Grand Prix, This special edition have the exacting specifications of the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 with a top speed of 407kmh, 16 cylinder engine and reaching from 0 to 100kph in just 2.5 seconds. This green edition is one of the four-only Centenaire Edition models that just been debuted to commemorate the 100 years of history of Bugatti. The colour, British Racing Green, has a very strong association with motor racing and I am delighted to announce that three of the four special edition automobiles have already been snapped up.”

Mr Peter Mak, Director of Bugatti China concurred, stating: “We are very confident about the potential of the China market, which has been a major consideration in relation to establishing the world’s first Bugatti showroom here. The Mainland market is the biggest in Asia because of its huge population and rapid economic growth. The future for ultimate luxury sports cars, like Bugatti, is very promising and the luxury industry in China is expanding fast. The introduction of this historic Bugatti showroom in Beijing signifies our strong passion and determination to bring only the best product to our target customers here.”

Mr Wilson Ho, General Manager of Bugatti Beijing elaborated further, stating that the establishment of Bugatti’s first showroom in the world is highly significant for Bugatti and will foster closer relationships with customers, whilst also proving opportunities for them to experience firsthand every element of these luxury automobiles prior to purchase.

“We believe that Bugatti is far more than an automobile,” enthused Mr Ho. “A Bugatti is a mobile art piece which combines speed and aesthetics and this is why we have established this purpose-built “showcase” for this work of art and we have great confidence that the showroom will be a good and effective platform for promoting the Bugatti brand and image across China. It also serves as the catalyst to generate leads and prospects.”

2009 marks the 60th anniversary of the founding of People’s Republic of China and the 100th anniversary of Bugatti. These auspicious dates bode well for the future of Bugatti in China. The establishment of this world’s first Bugatti showroom also signifies the profound and lasting strategic importance of China to Bugatti. With its strong confidence in China, Bugatti will continue to strengthen its leading position in the super luxury sports car market, promoting its elegance, luxury and prestige to all in China, further confirming its everlasting legend.

Bugatti Automobiles SAS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:36 pm 

I am very interested how Bugatti sales are going. I know that Veyron coupe run is to be closed soon enough with about all cars produced and only few spots left, this one-off and special edition are the last special versions based on Veyron coupe. Veyron Grand Sport just entered the production this summer, at the moment of production start more than100 cars were spoken for, recent news suggest that all Bugatti production run for 2010 is sold out. Veyron coupe production will end next year and Veyron Grand Sport production run will end somewhen in 2011, giving way to the future models. Bugatti is very secretous when speaking about sold/spoken for cars and never make false releases as other companies. Only one thing being not sure as for now is the rumored launch of more powerful and lighter Grand Prix version, recent rumors suggest that it could be third model to be added to Veyron model line. I do not know if such car is really in the works, but rumors are circulating strong and there are numerous Veyron test mules running. My guess would be to wait for Geneva auto show for more information, the situation is going to be clarified there, something big and important for Bugatti is sheduled to the 80th Anniversary Geneva auto show next March. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:45 pm 

D55L wrote:
I am very interested how Bugatti sales are going. I know that Veyron coupe run is to be closed soon enough with about all cars produced and only few spots left, this one-off and special edition are the last special versions based on Veyron coupe. Veyron Grand Sport just entered the production this summer, at the moment of production start more than100 cars were spoken for, recent news suggest that all Bugatti production run for 2010 is sold out. Veyron coupe production will end next year and Veyron Grand Sport production run will end somewhen in 2011, giving way to the future models. Bugatti is very secretous when speaking about sold/spoken for cars and never make false releases as other companies. Only one thing being not sure as for now is the rumored launch of more powerful and lighter Grand Prix version, recent rumors suggest that it could be third model to be added to Veyron model line. I do not know if such car is really in the works, but rumors are circulating strong and there are numerous Veyron test mules running. My guess would be to wait for Geneva auto show for more information, the situation is going to be clarified there, something big and important for Bugatti is sheduled to the 80th Anniversary Geneva auto show next March. Any ideas?

at geneva arrive the score of bugatti 16C galibier concept...
probably at 99.9% bugatti expose the Galibier Concept... or second concept 50% of probably...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:57 pm 

bugatti91 wrote:
at geneva arrive the score of bugatti 16C galibier concept...
probably at 99.9% bugatti expose the Galibier Concept... or second concept 50% of probably...

I really doubt that Galibier will be shown again at Geneva alone. The safer bet would be second concept, time flies and there is not so long until the Veyron production run will end, so I guess we will see two remaining concepts during 2010 with decision will be taken late 2010/early 2011. According to the recent rumors Bugatti will produce two models - most possble scenario is Galibier and Veyron successor. Same rumors suggest that developement process of Veyron successor is alreay started, the codename of this program rumored to be Aerolithe. Do not know if true, but still have such information. At this moment I am focusing more on Veyron Grand Prix, waiting with passion for more news.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:01 pm 

I know it is still to early to start speculation about Bugatti Veyron successor, but still I have decided to start such thread. From what I have heard Bugatti has plans to extend its production run, this means that we can expect Galibier 16C going in production together with Bugatti Veyron successor. Speaking about Veyron successor, there rumors circulating about new supercar developement program started by Bugatti rumored to be codenamed Aerolithe. If rumors I have heard are correct then it will be more efficient in every dimension than Veyron, this means it will be lighter, but the power-to-weight ratio will be astonishing, extensive use of composite materials and newest technologies is expected, new version of active aerodynamics, as well as new engine, which will be light, powerful and will pass all new regulations. The main target is to achieve excellent dynamics with more efficiency. I do not know about credibility of those rumors, but it sounds like a music to my ears.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm 

Autocar.co.uk
Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Talking to Autocar in Wolfsburg as the new VW Polo received the 2010 Car of the Year Award, Winterkorn predicted that the group’s seven car marques - VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat, Lamborghini, Bentley and Bugatti - will together account for more than 10 million car sales a year by 2018.

Does Bugatti have a future beyond the Veyron?

Certainly it does. But in any case there are still things we can do with the Veyron to keep it going - some improvements, some refinements. It is true we are also discussing plans for new models, but we won’t firm up on anything until we see how the economy recovers.

The Volkswagen Group is on course to beat Toyota and become world’s biggest ca rmaker by 2018, according to chairman Martin Winterkorn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:17 am 

Interesting, this means that more powerful, lighter, flex-fuel third version of Veyron is quite possible. Also interesting to read that they have not decided which way to go when there are already plans for three different concepts were told to the public in 2009 and actually it was a smart move to measure customers interest before getting any models in production. I guess he just do not want to talk that much because he can not share anything more.

There was information that some mules in very heavy camo are running around Molsheim facility and they are not mules of Veyron.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:46 pm 

The future is bright.... :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:10 am 

I was told recently that Bugatti sold out its annual production run for the 2010, about 70 cars despite the crisis. Anyone to confirm or to deny? If it is really so than thumbs up for Bugatti. Viva la Marque!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:01 pm 

D55L wrote:
I was told recently that Bugatti sold out its annual production run for the 2010, about 70 cars despite the crisis. Anyone to confirm or to deny? If it is really so than thumbs up for Bugatti. Viva la Marque!

here the official sales:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BUGATTI-N ... 4408713096

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:52 pm 

The totally of the Veyron are reserved, but not paid !

A veyron is sold when the customer has paid.

:wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:50 pm 

bugatti91 wrote:

Thanks a lot, but I know about official 2009 sales, actually I knew the results well before the Geneva press release. I am speaking about 2010 year, the information is that all production run for this year is sold out.

Pur Sang wrote:
The totally of the Veyron are reserved, but not paid !

A veyron is sold when the customer has paid.

:wink:

So this means every Veyron coupe left is already secured with reservation? Do you know the situation with Grand Sport Veyrons reservations?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:53 pm 

I hope to have some informations after the Beijing show

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next