It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Geneva
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:46 pm 

Geneva 2009 -Bugatti SAS

The Veyron „Bleu Centenaire“ – a one off anniversary model

The Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport first time on an Autoshow stand

Geneva, 3rd March 2009 – At Geneva the Bugatti Veyron « Grand Sport » is shown for the first time to a wider public in Europe. Next to the Grand Sport Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. presents the Veyron « Bleu Centenaire », a special commission honouring the 100th anniversary of the company, thus initiating a range of worldwide activities celebrating the creation of this mythic brand a hundred yearsago.

Hundred years of Bugatti

In 1909 Ettore Bugatti started his business in the Alsacian town of Molsheim, France. The name of the company: „Ettore Bugatti Automobiles i.Els.“. And although the name has changed into “Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S.”, the site and the philosophy of the brand have been preserved. In 2006 the first model under the „new management“ was launched, precisely 50 years after the last car of the original company left the gates of the Molsheim factory. The Bugatti Veyron has only been on the market for three years, but has already reached the status of being an undisputed part of automotive history, with 250 cars ordered to date, and nearly 200 cars delivered. This means that there are only 50 Veyrons to be sold until the limit of 300 units will be reached.

The Veyron “Bleu Centenaire”

Building on the marque’s core values of « Art – Forme – Technique » , Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. has created the Bugatti Veyron Bleu Centenaire, a unique model to celebrate the hundred year old history of the company. This special model takes up the traditional Bugatti two-tone-specification, but portrays it in one rather than two colours: in the most known light shaded Bugatti blue. The Centenaire’s unique combination of a « sprintblue matt » and « sprintblue gloss » hence offers a new impression of the two-tone-scheme known so far with parts of the engine also covered in this traditional Bugatti Blue.
The roof-trim-stripes and the exterior rearview mirrors are of polished, anodised aluminium. A special wheel design has been added – enhanced by a bright red brake-capillar. The grills at the front and at the side air intakes are in « mirror shine ».
The interior of the Centenaire is fitted in a special «snowbeige» leather with quilting on the seats. The central console is covered in the same leather. New LED lights, Park Distance Control and a rearview camera have become part of the standard equipment for all Bugatti Veyrons from this year onwards. The Bleu Centenaire shares all performance characteristics of other Veyron models performance-, acceleration- and deceleration characteristics which have been highly praised ever since the Bugatti Veyron first appeared on the scene. The car will cost 1,35 Million Euro exclusive taxes and transportation.

Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport

The Bugatti Grand Sport is a unique roadster based on the Veyron Coupé and was launched at last year’s Pebble Beach Concours d’Elégance in California. This new model will go into production at the end of April 2009 and will be limited to a total of 150 units over lifetime. The first chassis numbers are reserved for existing Veyron Coupé customers, honoring their loyalty and offering them the chance to be at top of the waiting list. This measure has been highly appreciated.

Celebrations throughout the year

“2009 will be an exciting year for the brand,” announces the President of Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S., Dr. Franz-Josef Paefgen, at Geneva Autoshow, “we will be celebrating our hundredth anniversary with references to our successful past and a – hopefully – successful future”.

„Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. “, will celebrate its hundredth anniversary on various occasions throughout the year, culminating in an event in Molsheim on September 12, 2009. The next highlight Bugattisti should look out for will be the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este at Cernobbio in the North of Italy between April 24 and 26.

Post subject: Re: Geneva
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:53 pm 

Thanks for posting Bugatti press release. I have one question, in December press release you posted here there were numbers of 235 cars sold and about 200 delivered and that Bugatti had sold out 2009 year production run. Now there is information that 250 cars are ordered, you posted way back in October about 280 cars spoken for and recently that all Veyron are about to be spoken for. Can you please bring a little bit clarity?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:26 pm 

I'm starting to think pur sang is posting hearsay and conjecture, :roll: not facts, Sorry Pur Sang but allot of what you have posted seems to be turning out to be untrue. 1350 Bhp Veyron at Geneva indeed, um where is it then?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:23 pm 

If you have better information, please tell us......

It is very difficult to obtain a reliable information !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 pm 

alan w wrote:
I'm starting to think pur sang is posting hearsay and conjecture, :roll: not facts, Sorry Pur Sang but allot of what you have posted seems to be turning out to be untrue. 1350 Bhp Veyron at Geneva indeed, um where is it then?

That was speculation pur sang never said it would be at
the show. he knows alot more about the car and is looked
up to around here. so be agood noob and just listen aka read
things he has posted on this forum that will make u a more
informed Veyron fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:51 pm 

Pur Sang wrote:
If you have better information, please tell us......

It is very difficult to obtain a reliable information !

Thanks dear Pur Sang for all information posted here, of course it is hard to obtain reliable information, there are so many rumors around. So can you please say your opinion on what I have asked in my previous post here to bring some clarity to the topic?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:55 pm 

Pur Sang--we got your back.
you have given us alot of
insiders knowledge dont let
a noob get to you. keep
on doing what you do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:58 pm 

My Questions

on the back of the stand, in a bugatti backstage there are 3 model of veyron... one White (grand sport), one Blue (centenaire) and one Silver (???)... it's a new model, we can buy in a bugatticollection.com?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:05 pm 

And I need Pur Sang's help to bring clarity on my questions :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 pm 

Scale Bugatti models see :
Amalgam.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:16 pm 

D55

How much are delivered - ordered ?
I think the situation has change with the crisis.
Only Bugatti can answer the question.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:11 pm 

FREAKZILLA wrote:
alan w wrote:

informed Veyron fan

Actually im not a noob i only post when i have something factual to say. I know Pur sang is a respected poster on this board, hence my annoyance at being tricked by false posts, and im very informed on the Veyron thanks :?
Im not only referring to this 1350bhp post but a whole catologue of posts over the months.So no need to get all defensive, im sure he is a good guy but he should make it clear when something is just speculation and not factual thats all im saying. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:41 am 

alan w wrote:
FREAKZILLA wrote:
alan w wrote:

informed Veyron fan

Actually im not a noob i only post when i have something factual to say. I know Pur sang is a respected poster on this board, hence my annoyance at being tricked by false posts, and im very informed on the Veyron thanks :?
Im not only referring to this 1350bhp post but a whole catologue of posts over the months.So no need to get all defensive, im sure he is a good guy but he should make it clear when something is just speculation and not factual thats all im saying. :D

With only 7 posts u are a noob a parasite AND have had absolutely nothing "factual to say" in all of your 7 posts. The only factual thing u have done on the forum is bitch and moan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:14 am 

Pur Sang wrote:
D55

How much are delivered - ordered ?
I think the situation has change with the crisis.
Only Bugatti can answer the question.

Those 250 cars mentioned in the press release are sold and paid cars or reserved?

That what I wanted to know.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:29 am 

have you read this:
New LED lights, Park Distance Control and a rearview camera have become part of the standard equipment for all Bugatti Veyrons from this year onwards
so is anyone here who have seen a screen in the bugatti centenaire as there must be one for the rearview camera or is this the mirror or pda?
Thanks