It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: BUGATTI Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport SangBleu
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:02 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:40 pm 

Bugatti press release :

“Sang Bleu” to honour the 100th anniversary of the marquee

European premiere of another unique Bugatti model

Frankfurt, 14 September 2009 – Continuing this year’s 100th anniversary celebrations, Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. will present another tribute to the marque’s legendary heritage on the eve of the Frankfurt International Motor Show: the “Sang Bleu”, an exclusive one-off Grand Sport model.

Innovation and harmony

The “Sang Bleu” represents a step into uncharted territory. Instead of using two paint colours or a combination of paint and bare material to achieve the two-tone design, the “Sang Bleu” uses materials alone – in this case, carbon fibre and aluminium. This innovative combination has never been used before. It is a unique approach that represents a new interpretation of the company’s core values of “Art – Forme – Technique”.
The material combination for this unique car is carbon fibre with polished aluminium. The carbon fibre is coloured royal blue to emphasise the lines and surfaces of the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport. The rear airscoops are coloured the same royal blue. As such they look particularly dramatic from above, and integrate fluidly into the overall design of this unique model. The rims are inspired by the Grand Sport Roadster and are highlighted in a royal blue/diamond cut twotone finish. The interior is trimmed in new Gaucho leather which blends with the intriguing yet understated exterior materials to create an elegant and harmonious overall appearance.

A marque of distinction

Ettore Bugatti started his business in the Alsatian town of Molsheim in 1909. The name of the company was “Ettore Bugatti Automobiles i. Els”. The company ceased trading in 1956. Exactly 50 years later, in March 2006, the first Bugatti Veyron built by Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. was delivered, after the Volkswagen Group had acquired the rights to the Bugatti name in 1998 and relaunched this famous marque. To date, over 250 of the planned 300 Bugatti Veyrons have been sold, and 215 of them have been delivered to customers around the world. In June 2009 Bugatti started production of the Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport open-top roadster. Their production is limited to 150 units of which the first chassis numbers are reserved for existing Veyron owners. Sales are highly encouraging, with over 20 Grand Sports already ordered, and the first cars already having been delivered.

The Bugatti “Sang Bleu” had previously only been exhibited at the Concours d’Elégance in Pebble Beach, California earlier this year, where it was immediately snapped up for 1.9 million euros (excluding taxes). It is the latest in a series of centenary Bugatti models which have won worldwide acclaim in 2009. Like the others, this unique car symbolises the modern Bugatti’s commitment to building a successful future based on the values and philosophy of Ettore Bugatti, the founder of this unique marque.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:53 pm 

:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjT4i4q3n-Q

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:47 pm 

A word of warning to anyone going to Frankfurt the sang Bleu is NOT there!!!!, i was very very dissapointed to find it not there, as i had seen the pictures of it at the press day and was really looking forward to actually seeing it. So i got there looked high and low for it with no luck, only to be told it was not in the show just at the press day...Great so the true car enthusiast who pays to go to the show to see what they advertise as there, does not get to see what he believes is there :evil:
Whilst the press get paid to see it....Lifes not fair. Anyway rant over. Just wanted to warn others.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:36 am 

It was clear for me that Sang Bleu will not be exposed for the public, Bugatti even had no stand at the show. Same situation was in 2007 with Pur Sang during Frankfurt auto show and in 2008 with Gran Sport during Paris auto show - only one preview for press and private preview, that is all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:53 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:25 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:55 am 

Frankfurt?

Bugatti EB 18.4 Veyron Concept, Bugatti EB 16.4 Veyron Concept, Bugatti EB 16.4 Veyron, Pegaso Edition, Pur Sang, Sang Noir, FBG par Hermes, Le Mans, Grand Sport, Centenaire, Bleu Centenaire, Grand Sport Sang Bleu, Galibier 16C

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:59 am 

Centenaire wrote:
Frankfurt?

Yes. Press and private preview night during Frankfurt auto show.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:40 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:42 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9iK-f6tTr0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:50 am 

Rather old pic from Pebble Beach, but it is dfinitely the best pic of this car I have ever seen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

I said it before (probably a year ago already), they discovered the coloured carbon fabrics. (actually 50% coloured polyester or aramide, 50% carbon.)

Be prepared for at least a red, green and yellow version.

By then they will discover the metallised glass fabrics, so a light blue and a light grey are in the making...

Oh, and not to forget the spread tow carbon fabrics, with 25x25mm "blocks".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:18 pm 

Herman wrote:
I said it before (probably a year ago already), they discovered the coloured carbon fabrics. (actually 50% coloured polyester or aramide, 50% carbon.)

Be prepared for at least a red, green and yellow version.

By then they will discover the metallised glass fabrics, so a light blue and a light grey are in the making...

Oh, and not to forget the spread tow carbon fabrics, with 25x25mm "blocks".

There is information from various sources that Bugatti will continue colored carbon fiber theme on next special versions of Veyron and Veyron Gran Sport and possibly even Veyron Gran Prix.

H50 wrote:
Yep there will be extra colors too not just blue... :wink:

Yes, I there are some information from credible sources that confirms that information. But the question is when we can expect them?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:15 pm 

The next and Last Veyron COUPE Special/Limited Editions wont be in Coloured CF.. The Bugatti Engineers are still testing the Colored CF if it doesnt meet the standards of Bugatti it wont be produced.. And if its going to be produced it will be through the individualization program because what of i know and will be presented in couple weeks will be the LAST Special/Limited Editions... And its AMAZING..

The same case was for Pur Sang the quality of the production version is more refined and better than the quality on the prototype...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next