It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: First official showing of the Veyron SS
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:40 am 

Bugatti will give the first official showing of the world record holding Veyron SuperSport at The Quail: A Motorsports Gathering later this month. Held on the Friday prior to the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, it’s worth noting that this venue was chosen over the headline event of the week.

Bugatti recently made the official announcement of the 1,200-hp quad-turbo W16 engined SuperSport model in a big way by reclaiming the top speed record for a production car. The Veyron SuperSport ran an outrageous 267.81 mph time, giving Bugatti back the title from the after the original Veyron’s 253.81 mph speed was topped by upstart American supercar maker SSC with its 256.12 mph run.

Autoguide.com
:mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: First official showing of the Veyron SS
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:15 pm 

I'll be there!

I am working for Bentley Motors that day @ Quail, but also am working with Bugatti all weekend as they have a set up at Laguna Seca in the Paddock Friday-Sunday. Stop by and say hi, Friday at Bentley, Sat/Sun at Bugatti. Looking foward to seeing the record holder in the flesh. I'll be the red-head :)

Ill do my best to upload photos, but I will be mobile all weekend....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:22 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:15 am 

redhead wrote:
I'll be there!

I am working for Bentley Motors that day @ Quail, but also am working with Bugatti all weekend as they have a set up at Laguna Seca in the Paddock Friday-Sunday. Stop by and say hi, Friday at Bentley, Sat/Sun at Bugatti. Looking foward to seeing the record holder in the flesh. I'll be the red-head :)

Ill do my best to upload photos, but I will be mobile all weekend....

I'll be sure to say hello and get some good photos although all I have is my point and shoot. I'll be at Quail, I'm also checking out the Bentley SS Convertible I believe on Thursday. Is there a set schedule at Laguna Seca on Saturday for when the Bugattis are racing?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:52 pm 

Townshend wrote:
I'll be sure to say hello and get some good photos although all I have is my point and shoot. I'll be at Quail, I'm also checking out the Bentley SS Convertible I believe on Thursday. Is there a set schedule at Laguna Seca on Saturday for when the Bugattis are racing?

Friday I will be at Bentley which should be right by Bugatti.
There are drive events today for Bentley, though I am unsure of where they are. I am leaving Los Gatos on my way down for the weekend now.

Ill try and find out more from Bugatti today when I am at Laguna what Saturdays schedule is.

Regards,
Rich

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:56 am 

redhead wrote:
Townshend wrote:

Friday I will be at Bentley which should be right by Bugatti.
There are drive events today for Bentley, though I am unsure of where they are. I am leaving Los Gatos on my way down for the weekend now.

Ill try and find out more from Bugatti today when I am at Laguna what Saturdays schedule is.

Regards,
Rich

I was at the Bentley drive yesterday as well, it was over at the jet center. Here's a pic I snapped of the SS at Quail. I'll post some more up when I return home.

Attachments:
bss2.JPG
bss2.JPG [ 50.7 KiB | Viewed 6320 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:45 pm 

Bugatti Presents Veyron 16.4 Super Sport to Public

World record car to be pace car at Monterey Historic Races

Further versions to be seen at The Quail and the Concours d’Elegance at Pebble Beach Molsheim/Monterey,

August 13, 2010 – On the 3rd of July, the new Veyron 16.4 Super Sport achieved a new landspeed world record with 431, 072 km/h (268 mph) on Volkswagen Group’s proving ground at Ehra-Lessien, close to the Wolfsburg headquarters. Bugatti presents this new car for the first time to the public at the three events The Quail, Monterey Historic Races at Laguna Seca, and on the Concept Lawn of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
On Saturday, Bugatti’s Pilote Officiel will drive in the world record car as a pace car for the historic Bugatti Rally at Laguna Seca.

The climax of the Veyron series: the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport
In the past, had a model been especially popular or highly successful in races, Ettore Bugatti’s customers often pushed the master to tease out a few more horsepower for their future car. Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. was in a similar situation when their existing customers asked the company, not only to design their “next model” optically different but also to create a sportier version with a more extreme driving experience. The result is an extremely powerful car with 1,200-hp (882 kW) and a maximum torque of 1,500 Newton meters, offering experienced drivers a whole new dimension of excitement. Top speed is limited to 415 km/h, to protect the tyres, but the specifications of the Super Sport will be identical to the world record car. The first five Super Sports to come off the production line will constitute a special series, with the same configuration as the land speed record car.

The Super Sport is a result of the continuous development of the classic 1,001-hp Bugatti Veyron 16.4, launched in 2005. This model offers a stunning set of specifications, such as the twin clutch gearbox with seven speeds, the precise driving performance and excellent stability when braking and accelerating.
Constant development over the past 10 years has lead to advances, which have enabled the engineers at Bugatti S.A.S. to develop the Veyron to reach new dimensions. Every modification is designed to produce greater performance and a more agile ride. Larger turbochargers and bigger intercoolers have been used to increase the power of the eight litre, 16-cylinder engine. The chassis has been extensively tweaked to remain safe, in order to cope with the additional power and increased speed. Revisions include a slightly raised main-spring travel, stronger stabilisers, and new shock absorbers with a complex architecture similar to which used in racing. This gives the car a more precise control of the wheels and the car as a whole. With lateral acceleration results of up to 1.4 g and improved interaction between the tyres and the intelligent all-wheel drive system, the Super Sport offers perfect handling and even more powerful acceleration.
The body has been fine-tuned to improve aerodynamic efficiency and maintain perfect balance in every situation, while the new fibre structure of the all-carbon monocoque ensures maximum torsion rigidity and passive safety – at a reduced weight. The skin is made entirely of carbon-fibre composites, and the new Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport is available in full body clear-lacquered exposed carbon on request.

Dynamic exterior

Every detail of this car, and not just its use of advanced motorsport technology, stems back to the pioneering spirit of company founder Ettore Bugatti. This brilliant designer came from a family of artists, and his philosophy was always to combine mechanical perfection and exterior beauty. This ethos remains alive and well at the company today, where every modification to the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport serves to coax greater performance from the car.

The Super Sport’s flat, elongated silhouette distinguishes itself from the standard car. Rather than scoops above the engine, the 16-cylinder engine is now fed air from two NACA ducts integrated into the roof. The front air intakes have been expanded and reshaped, with the lower one extending elegantly around the sides to the wheel arch. The revised rear end looks sportier due to the double diffuser and a centrally arranged exhaust system. Bugatti has a tradition of making super sport versions of successful models, usually with racing chassis and supercharged engines. These cars were considered as true racing machines for diehard Bugatti devotees. The most successful versions was the type 55 and type 57S; with around forty of each built.

Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. has now sold 260 Veyrons and 35 Grand Sports, of which 249 Veyrons and 22 Grand Sports had been delivered. The Super Sport will begin production this autumn at Molsheim along with the Veyron and the Grand Sport. The first five cars – known as the World Record Edition – are in a special black exposed carbon and orange finish, and have already been sold.

Bugatti press release

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:02 pm 

A couple more pictures I snapped

Attachments:
IMG_4667.JPG
IMG_4667.JPG [ 127.41 KiB | Viewed 6294 times ]
IMG_4666.JPG
IMG_4666.JPG [ 126.02 KiB | Viewed 6294 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:11 pm 

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger at this year’s Pebble Beach Concours d‘Elegance

Molsheim/Pebble Beach, California – August 17, 2010. It was a big surprise when California’s Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger showed up at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance last Sunday and he visibly enjoyed it. Together with his son Patrick he strolled across the „Concept Lawn“ in front of the lodge of this legendary Golf Club, where each year the latest concepts of the luxury car brands are on display. When he discovered the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport he moved straight towards it, asking Bugatti’s Sales Director Alasdair Stewart “Is this the world record car?” The exhibited car in blue tinted visible carbon was though another model, as the world record car, with which Bugatti’s Pilote Officiel Pierre Henri Raphanel achieved a land speed record of 268 mph a few weeks ago, was simultaneously exhibited at the Monterey Historic Races in Laguna Seca. But when Bugatti’s Chief Engineer Dr. Wolfgang Schreiber explained to Schwarzenegger, that Bugatti achieved to reduce the weight to 50 kg less and the fuel consumption up to 10 % less - in spite of 20% more power and torque; the Governor was impressed.

Schwarzenegger and US TV presenter Jay Leno also sat down in the Super Sport. Both admired the elegant interior out of dark indigo blue boxmark leather with the lustrous sprint blue stitches on the steering wheel and gear shift. They seemed to have a lot of fun, joking around, playing with the instruments and trying to start the engine.

Governor Schwarzenegger stayed for two hours at Pebble Beach, took an extended tour around the classic car exhibition and also popped by at Bugatti’s sister brands Bentley and Porsche.

Bugatti press release