All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:55 pm 

Exactly what I said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:28 pm 

Pur Sang wrote:
Exactly what I said

so you are 100 per cent sure that this is no rust? maybe is smething like oil??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:45 pm 

I think a lot of possibilities. Only the driver can answer the question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:52 pm 

Pur Sang wrote:
I think a lot of possibilities. Only the driver can answer the question.

but no rust?
hello herman please also let me know what do you think about the mail from roadanddtrack
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:24 am 

i think bugatti has a really big problem with the pics i stil post as there is soemthing which makes me really wonder. I send several mails to dealers and i got replies to all my mails as i want to write a work for my unviversity about this car but till i send the pics of the rust on the veyron i got no reply. so if this is genuine dirt they can reply oh norust just dirt but i got nothing. furthermore i asked a man who is very popular in the uk as he cleaned the veyron. I asked him and he told me he likes bugatti very much so he cannot give me an answer to this question :idea: If this is dirt he can tell me it´s not a technical problem and i think he has done it but if this is rust he won´t answer so i know think it´s rust like hermann still told me although i cannot believe it as the car is max 2 years old!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:05 pm 

During the Festival Bugatti in Molsheim, you can ask yourself the people of Bugatti and have your answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:53 pm 

Pur Sang wrote:
During the Festival Bugatti in Molsheim, you can ask yourself the people of Bugatti and have your answer.

hello
please let me know exactyl when it will start and end and where it take place i would really like to come to molsheim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:44 am 

See in the same Forum : Bugatti Events and Molsheim Meeting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:03 am 
Site Admin

I have re-examined the pictures. Please do remember I did not see an actual car, so what I am saying can just as well be wrong, but I think I am in the right direction:

The heat shield is made of glass fibers, bonded to an aluminium film (thin, max 50my thick). this material is fiddly to work with, to say at the least. On some areas it might have suffered from handling, mounting and vibration during use. Road dirt, grease and oil from who knows where accumulate on the heat shield. When you give the Veyron a good excersise, the damper in the rear will probably get hot. Real hot that is. During driving it is not much of a problem, as it is air cooled, but once stopped, the airflow disappears, and worse: even the spoiler retracts, making the rear part a very effective oven, nicely baking your newly accumulated dirt onto the heatshield.
Some parts (the undamaged parts) can be cleaned easily, but once the aluminium has crackled, it is hard to clean, the white glass fiber happily accepts large amounts of dirt, and thus discolours. Cleaning it is almost impossible, and my suggestion is to just keep it as is.
A thicker aluminium heat shield, without glass, could be more easy to clean, but can also vibrate, and weighs more. So that is not desirable as well.

These are probably my final words, at least until I see a Veyron in real and can examine further. However, it is not a critical defect. It will not impair durability or performance whatsoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:26 am 

A propos d'une fausse polémique sur la " rouille ".

Une Bugatti Veyron était présente hier au Festival Bugatti.

A l'arrêt avant le festival, le "pilote " usine, également responsable en fabrication avait laissé l'aileron complètement déployé et tout le monde pouvait voir cette décoloration dans le compartiment moteur.
La question ayant été posé : la réponse a été sans ambiguité . Il s'agit de la décoloration de la colle sous l'effet de la chaleur de l'échappement et utilisée pour le collage des tissus aluminium pour la protection de la carrosserie.

La Veyron présente était une Veyron client tout juste rodée avec 500 km au compteur.