It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: New Member needs help Veyron
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:13 am 

Hello
I am a new member from germany and i have some problems as nobday really know the answer to my questions so maybe here is someone who can help me.
1. Many mamagzins has made own speed test with the veyron but unfortunetely the veyron never reaced the 2,4 seconds from 0-100. Normal tested time was about 2,8 or 2,9. I know the factory time is made under a perfect situation but compared with a mclaren f1 he ever reached his factory time. Maybe it has something to do with the turbos?
2. Does anybody know if the veyron has a turbo lag as some magazins also Gordon Murray claimed it but i am not sure.
3. I have heard the veyron needs every 15000km new rims for 50000km. I alsed bugatti and they told me it´s true but it´s not the complete story. I really do not know why this is necessary and maybe someone knows the complete story about these rims?
4. I have seen a pic made at goodwood and it looks like the veyron has rust is this really rust? I really do not know if this is rust but it seems to be rust. What do you think about it? I cannot understand how this is possible as this car is so expensive and nice and this seems to be a very weak point!! Here is the pic: http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/16490/Veyron-L.jpg

I would be gald to get your help
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately I cannot answer your questions. The Veyrons I have seen were show cars, and were in perfect shape, or were driving past me with a speed that would not let me see the internals of the spoiler.

However, here is the picture, as pistonheads do not allow hotlinking:

Clicking on the image will enlarge it.

Post subject: rust
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:32 am 

The question about the rust is completly stupid. The Veyron has not one piece made in iron ! It nothing to do with rust.

Post subject: Re: rust
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:06 pm 

Pur Sang wrote:
The question about the rust is completly stupid. The Veyron has not one piece made in iron ! It nothing to do with rust.

Hi maybe it has nothing to do with iron but i also find out that aluminium can get rust. Furthermore the subframe is made of steal so it's not impossible and it looks like genuine rust. But if this is no rust bugatti cannot sell such an amzing car for this price with this "rust" or glue this is unbelievabel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:02 pm 

For your information : this part is made with carbon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

And corroded aluminium is white, not brown.

I have no idea of the substance on the picture. It seems that the shiny part is a heat shield. These usually consist of aluminium and glass fiber. So no corrosion from that.

Glue is a possibility, but even then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:15 am 

i think it´s the heat protection does anybody know if this is also made of alu? Maybe they fix this shield with glue? But if they really do it this is not a perfect work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:07 am 

About the car used in Goodwood

It is not a customer car, but a factory car . May be the car was tested somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:56 pm 

hello
i have just another important last question. I read in a top gear magazin that the bugatti engine has a power tolercance of 5 per cent and the magazin also claimed that many bugattis now have only 950 PS can you really believe it?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:18 am 

Good question, but you are completly wrong.
The real power of each Veyron is between 1040 to 1060 PS
The 1001 PS are only commercial - You must known the story of the 1001 nights to understand it.

Each car has a very precise electronic and the people in Molsheim are able to change it ( via telemetric ) from the factory.
The speed limit for example of 407 km/h is a limit of the electronic and not of the possibility of the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:36 am 

Pur Sang wrote:
Good question, but you are completly wrong.
The real power of each Veyron is between 1040 to 1060 PS
The 1001 PS are only commercial - You must known the story of the 1001 nights to understand it.

Each car has a very precise electronic and the people in Molsheim are able to change it ( via telemetric ) from the factory.
The speed limit for example of 407 km/h is a limit of the electronic and not of the possibility of the car.

Hi thank you very much for this info as i really do not know it. But there is something which i cannot understand as a i asked a german journalist and my friend at bmw why sometimes cars for instance like the veyron cannot reach the factory times from o-100 km/h for sure it depends on perfect conditions and so on but many other cars like mclaren f1 or even ferrari 599gtb ever reached the factory times. My friend and the journalist told me that every car especially the veyron has a power tolerance and that´s why this car did not reach it´s factory time. Is this possible? For me it sounds possible
Thanks a lot for your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:44 am 

All the Veyron are guarantie according to the technical dates - see Technical dates in the configurator of bugatti - www.bugatti-molsheim.com - Bugatti made official and independant tests with the TUV in Germany.
But it is depending of the electronic configuration of the car when the car is delivered. The car is adapted to the customer wishes. Bugatti can change it when you ask them and reach the values you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:01 am 

Pur Sang wrote:
All the Veyron are guarantie according to the technical dates - see Technical dates in the configurator of bugatti - www.bugatti-molsheim.com - Bugatti made official and independant tests with the TUV in Germany.
But it is depending of the electronic configuration of the car when the car is delivered. The car is adapted to the customer wishes. Bugatti can change it when you ask them and reach the values you want.

hi sorry i did not find a guarantie for the technical dates. Furthermore i could be possible that the power tolerance can go under 1001? If not why not there are no infos availabel and also no garantie. If bugatti can really reach every value i want i think this is not possible? If it´s possible why didn´t they use the best update for every owner?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:27 am 

The technical dates are guarantie in the customer contract .
The power of the car is never under 1001 PS. The power developed is according of the electronic. ( Like a lot of modern cars )
And the best update is used for every owner.
But the Veyron is a beast too. The most of the owner prefer to have the level smooth than competition. The electronic is made for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:57 am 

Pur Sang wrote:
The technical dates are guarantie in the customer contract .
The power of the car is never under 1001 PS. The power developed is according of the electronic. ( Like a lot of modern cars )
And the best update is used for every owner.
But the Veyron is a beast too. The most of the owner prefer to have the level smooth than competition. The electronic is made for it.

Hello
So it´s possible to see the contract online but there are no guarantie in it? Furthermore do you think this is the reason why a veyron did not reach it´s factory dates?
thanks