It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: External designs for the Bugatti EB110 - EB112 project
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:33 pm 

I know of 3 designs by other companies for Romano Artioli's company (excluding the EB112, which was by Italdesign, but was an official design).
Does anybody know of any other design from that era, that may have been presented officially to Artioli and his team?

The ID90 by Italdesign (mock-up built):

The IAD design (design only):
In 1992 a British design company called International Automotive Design (I.A.D.) in their
Californian studio looked at ideas for a new concept car. They looked at the Bugatti
Atlantic 57SC of the 1930's as a theme and prepared ideas for a modern GT car using the
new Bugatti mechanicals. The theme was developed and firstly a scale clay model was
produced and then a fibreglass scale model.
This was taken to Modena in Italy to show to Romano Artioli and his team who had
resurrected Bugatti. Everyone was very enthusiastic, but unfortunately the budgets just were
not available within Bugatti, so this idea came to an end.
The design of the vehicle was great so the studio in the UK picked up the theme and
translated it into a concept car study for Alfa Romeo and various renderings and themes
were developed and put into a presentation folder for Alfa Romeo. This idea was discussed
in much detail and costing were done, but it never got to building a car, the main reason for
this was that it was perhaps felt not political for an Italian company like Alfa Romeo to use
a British design house for a concept car instead of Pininfarina, Ital, Zagato, etc.

The "Bugatti Speedster", a riding prototype by a south-african company (can't find the details right now)

The Rinspeed Cyan was not really an enitrely new design, mainly just a redesign of front and rear.

So: Does anybody know of any others, or maybe different cars that received an EB110 engine? I heard of one maybe being installed in an American Hot Rod?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

I know of non, except for the ones that you mention. Also, I have seen a photo or rendering of a EB118 cabriolet. (no EB110, but worth to mention.)

Also, a EB110 engine (new) is available on Ebay. It pops up every now and then. However, I do not have the money for it, neither for the speeding tickets it will collect. I already have trouble paying my last 120 euro ticket...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:18 pm 

The cabriolet was the EB115 by Jacob Munkhammar, which he made as part of his study to become an Architect. I must have a picture somewhere, I'll have to search for it.

Of course there were more designs like Jacob's, as part of a study or so. A few of these were reported in the Bugatti Revue.

And... Everybody has problems paying his/her speeding tickets!