It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Type 251
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:25 pm 

Herman wrote:
Does not look too bad, does it? Needs a lot of cleaning up and machining, but that is a different story.

What are your plans with this test casting?

Oh, about transverse 8 cyl engined cars: I just found a V16 which is transversally mounted. oes that count as well?

normally we cut up castings to check the pattern equipment,but as Bugatti has already done this for us its seems a waste.So we will use it to test machine the blocks.I have 9 different engine patterns so if anyone wants a T73/73c/73b/73a/251/252/253 for the house let me know ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:50 am 

It seems you can start your own little Bugatti factory!

How about building the original batch of 25 T73C's, as Bugatti had initially intended?

With the necessary reinforcements of course, where needed!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:50 am 
Valued contributor

Absolutely not Jaap, there will be no T73 production runs until Lazarus has finished his book on Bugatti's "Dark Ages." I cannot afford a Bugatti T73 but I can afford a book, ergo, the book has priority. Simple see?

Glad that's settled then.

Johan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:32 am 

Johan Buchner wrote:
Absolutely not Jaap, there will be no T73 production runs until Lazarus has finished his book on Bugatti's "Dark Ages." I cannot afford a Bugatti T73 but I can afford a book, ergo, the book has priority. Simple see?

Glad that's settled then.

Johan
When you have read my book Johan,you will have no excuse for confusing T73 with T73c !
You may be pleased to hear that apart from the chapter on the T73B motor,the text is now finished.I have decided to avoid being uncontroversial ! So I may be provoking some small debate. I am publishing the previously unseen memoirs of the last boss of the development department."My thirty two years with Bugatti." suitably toned down as the comments from Domboy about Pierre M..co might provoke legal action from his family [if any exist] My friend James Radley is coming over for a week soon and he will be co-opted into the task of proof reading. A publisher has expressed interest and the book will be in French and english.I once wrote 160,000 words on the Facel Vega company but did not have the courage to publish,this time I am.