It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: What is going on?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:51 am 
Valued contributor

This forum is becoming suspiciously quiet, why is this? Back in the day when I was rude about, well, everyone this forum was buzzing. People from around the globe would log-in to view my vicious attacks on, well, everyone. Now, thanks to the whining of certain contributors, Herman has asked me to play nice. Which I've done. Forum is dying. And I have found out the most scandalous news about a certain collector's Bugattis. I want to tear this person limb from limb, metaphorically speaking, of course. But I can't. Because I'm nice - now. Forum's dying. But at least we're all nice and polite and don't tell the truth anymore about rich bastards raping OUR legacy, because they might sue us for telling the truth. The forum is dying. But the rich are at least placated. Is this what it's come to, the contributors of this forum reduced to a bunch of submissive, spineless, ass-kissing bunch of sycophants? Yes.

What ever happened to freedom of speech? It went the way this forum is going, for proof please read our collective mealy-mouth discussion of 43202. We should hang our heads in shame. The forum is dying.

Et hora est.

Johan Buchner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:16 pm 

Well, the more questions, the more replies there will be. Keeping it lively has much to do with the amount of new, interesting posts.

That you can do yourself!

And yes, you are right. We should be 100% honest, not letting pass non-original cars as original ones. On the other hand, the ever-lasting discussion on replicas may be too boring sometimes. That's what killing the French forum. Of the 329 pages they're currently at, about 200 are filled with quarrels about replicas only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

OK, OK, you've got me there. Well, let's be just a bit less nice. Be firm, but nice. Perhaps something good arises from that. Being nice does not prevent telling the truth.

Let's start some other thing then. Grab some topic, and post it in a new post. Can be anything. Historical, new, cars, boats, planes, razorblades, trains, The factory, workers housing, the strike, Creme de Menthe, the death of Jean. I guess this list is quite inspiring, so I leave the opening of juicy topics up to you.

Go for it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:35 pm 
Valued contributor

No sorry Herman, a return to rudeness is not going change a damn thing except to offend the very people I rely on to expand my own understanding of Bugatti's life, times and the history of his cars. I read your reply, and then reread every thread and reply I posted since joining, and you know what? Boorish, uncouth and uncalled for, all accurate descriptions of most of my posts. I don't wish to go back there, it will do no good.

As for my frustration at not being able to reveal the cheats a well known collector use, that has nothing to do with any promises I made to you. This information was given to me in confidence by a friend, and should I betray this confidence, not only will I lose a good friend but I will be screwing with a man's livelihood. No, that information must remain a secret.

And yet, and yet...... something is missing and I don't know what the heck it is. Chances are the fault lies with me. I am overworked and exhausted, most nights I come home, eat, play on the internet for a while, then I sleep, and when I wake up in the mornings I am still tired. I have neither the time nor the energy left for much research. I have sacrificed, and will continue to sacrifice so much time and money to build my dream library and now I'm too damn tired to use it.

Maybe I'm just missing Bugwrench, mind you he owns a glorious collection of Bugattis. Can you really blame him for rather playing with real Bugattis than talking about them? Am I missing the boat here Herman? Has some of the passion gone out of Bugattibuilder? I really hope I'm mistaken, so am I?

Perhaps you are right, just keep the contributions flowing on an ever expanding range of subjects. And maybe I should get some rest.

And I do regret calling Ettore's second wife a whore. Don't regret a damn thing I said about a certain Serial Rapist of Bugattis. Such is life.

Good Night
Johan.

PS. I liked Jaap's reply that I'm equating Ettore with Leonardo Da Vinci. Jaap, I like Ettore, I really do, but Da Vinci has no equals. Except perhaps Michelangelo. Of course neither of them ever designed cars either....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:28 pm 

Well, probably if da Vinci had designed cars, they would have looked like Bugattis.

Nobody ever called an automobile type "Mona Lisa", or did somebody??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:04 am 

Well, there's another way also to get some life into the forum (though it's better yet already), by going through the old posts (for example those without replies, can be selected at the click of your mouse), and see if you can give a reply yourself. This puts the subject back on top of the list, often generating more replies again.

And somehow, those #$%^! Bugatti people don't like cursing and insults very much!

(Text has been censored to avoid that this post will be deleted as well)