It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Bremen Classic Motorshow 2007 2-4 Februari
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Some exempts from the site:

Quote:
Three full show days, a separate hall for historic motor sports, special focus on the topic “Bugatti” in the historic automobile section, and a special show devoted to Belgian motorcycles in the two wheeler section. These are the new highlights awaiting visitors to the fifth Bremen Classic Motorshow to be held at the Bremen Exhibition Centre from 2nd to 4th February 2007.

and

Quote:
True to the theme “Milestones of Technology and Design“, this year’s special show bears the title “Bugatti – Le Pur-Sang des Automobiles” and is presented in co-operation with the National Automobile Museum in Mulhouse/ France. The vehicles that will be on display were built by the ingenious designers Ettore Bugatti and his son Jean and were at the forefront of technical innovations in their day, e.g. the “Tank” T32, the Bugatti “Atlantic”, and of course the “Royale”.

http://www.classicmotorshow.de/

If you like to go there, please post here. We might be able to carpool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

I visited Bremen last Sunday. The trip to Bremen was without any problem. Parking was not a problem.

Once in the exhibition centre, the amount of people was stunning. It was really crowdy. Never knew so many people read this forum... :)

After 2 halls with the usual Ferarri, Porsche and Mercedes, there was the hall with Bugattis. a large area was reserved for the Bugattis from the Schlumpf Museum. They had 7 Bugattis on display (including the Royale Esders, as well as a type 53 chassis (very impressive!) and a Royale engine. Furthermore there were some posters, and 2 large televisions, playing a very nice video about Bugatti. People from this forum supplied the posters, and much of the video material.

Next to these Bugattis was the exhibition area of the Bugatti Club Germany, which had some Type 57s on display, as well as the Aerolithe replica. (now with UK licence plates...)

Very nearby was the booth of the "Autostadt" where Lydias type 15 Bugatti was on display. A very lovely car.

2 steps further, a beautiful restored type 57 Ventoux (black and red) was for sale. I checked for the amount of money in my pocket, but unfortunately it was not a good day for buying a Bugatti..... However, it was enough for a DVD about Bugatti.

Other halls contained the usual second hand stuff. Great to browse their stuff. Some Bugatti items I saw there:
-nice poster of a type 59.
-Bugatti oil can
-Bugatti car models, there was a guy with 2 (!!) Danhausen 1:24 type 55's. However, expensive, and both had their issues...
-Bugatti type 41 Double Berline de Voyage by Franklin Mint, for 35 euros. a real bargain if I had the money.
-Some nice books, but for big money.

All in all it was a very well organised fair. It was definately smaller than Essen, but comparable to Maastricht (Interclassics). Of course the focus on Bugatti made it very worthwhile to visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:41 am 

Very Strange: The T53 chassis has T35 (or possibly T54) wheels! ??

Where did the T50 wheels go that were originally with this chassis?

The Royale engine, was it an AutoRail engine (twin spark versus single?)

One of the posters (the horse) came from me, as well as the video's. They contacted me through this forum, as well as directly through my site. Looks like a lot of Bugatti content!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:14 am 
Site Admin

The Royale engine was an Autorail version. I did not make any photo of that. It did not have Bugatti lozenges on the bottom part.

The other poster (the advertisement with horse and car) came from me. They scanned the photos, and printed them on fabric covered foam board. Looked very nice.

Indeed the Type 53 has 51 or 54 wheels. Where have the type 53 wheels gone? I have no idea. Probably the t53 wheels have summer tyres on them, and the t54 wheels had winter tyres... Winter tyres are mandatory in Germany.....
But it was very nice to see the type 53 chassis, and I made lots of photos of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:49 am 

The T53 frame comes from the Schlumpf collection. I always saw it with
wheels of T51/T54.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:29 am 

The Bugatti Type 55 of the Shlumpf Museum stand, it acts of the Type 55 #55215 of 1932. My others remarks, here :

http://www.bugattibuilder.com/photo/thu ... tcom&cat=0

Best regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Tres bien, tres bien.