It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: About the T46 book
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Perhaps a good idea to use the private message system for that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:22 pm 

Herman wrote:
Perhaps a good idea to use the private message system for that.

Yes, you are right. Mr. Klein has already sent me a private message. We will speak about this matter privately from now on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:25 pm 
Valued contributor

Dear Lanos

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your T46 yet - as they say in California : I can relate. I do promise you that you will enjoy the book very much once it arrives.

I just want to add that all through the lengthy process of waiting for my copy, I found both Dr. Klein and Mr. Jansen very supportive and helpful throughout.

I wish you the best of luck.
Johan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:35 pm 

Thanks, Johan.

I do not think that the book has got lost. I suppose that as my order was one of the last to be received, the book has not been sent yet; or it was sent not much time ago.

As I have bought many books by mail I have learnt to be very patient. Usually I do not buy a new book until I have received the last book I have ordered. Only once one book was lost and as it was sent by insured mail I was reimbursed.

Regards,

Lanos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:32 pm 

Bohuslav Klein wrote:
You must be patient because the third book should be "Bugattis in the former Czechoslovakia". Do you know that more than 100 Bugatti cars were imported to pre-war Czechoslovakia? They were even 4 pieces of T52s there. I shall infrorm you on the progress.

That sounds like a "Czech Bugatti Register". Once it is published, only a "German Bugatti Register" will stay unwritten yet (I think that compiling a French register is an impossible task).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:39 pm 

Yes, you´re right. The majority of the book shall concern to prewar situation. But we would also like to reflect the postwar time, when many Bugattis were exported (especially in 60´s) from former Czechoslovakia and finally the period of the last 10 years when app 15 Bugattis were bought by the Czech owners abroad and imported to the Czech Republic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:50 pm 
Valued contributor

Hi Lanos

Nice to hear from you again - any news on your T46 book?

While there may be no official French Register, I have discovered a few very interesting source documents mentioned in The Dutch Register. I quote in full and verbatim as follows :

Laugier, P Y, First Laugier Register 1997 (not available)

Schneider, C. Immatriculations Bugatti Préfecture Strasbourg 2002 lists all Bugattis that have been registered in the préfecture in Strasbourg in the twenties and thirties. (Provided by Claude Schneider)

Schneider, C. Immatriculations Bugatti Francaises 2008. (Provided by Claude Schneider)

The Laugier list is only mentioned in Vol.I, the first Schneider work is mentioned in both while the last item is only mentioned in Vol.II.

Does anyone know any more about these intriguing and unknown (to me) works? Any chance they may be commercially available? Thought not.

Kind Regards
Johan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:58 pm 
Valued contributor

Hi Dr. Klein, I posted my reply without seeing your post. Consider this a firm order for both the Junek work and the Bugattis in Czechoslovakia/The Czech Republic. So that will be one copy of each to South Africa whenever you're ready.

Thanks
Johan Buchner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:18 pm 

Johan Buchner wrote:
Hi Lanos

Nice to hear from you again - any news on your T46 book?

Dr. Klein answered really fast and very kindly my inquiry; the delivery of my book was delayed because of Mr. Saunier's illness. Now, the book is already on its way.

And yes, I think that I will also buy that "Czech Register" when it is published; it looks like really interesting. Not much information about those cars has been published.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:10 pm 

I have already received my copy of the book on the T46. It has become immediately my favourite book, together with the one by Conway and Greilsamer. This book has absolutely everything. It is the definitive work on the T46. It cannot hide its Czech origin: serious, massive and very well made. Like an Uhlik body.

The first part of the book is the register of the surviving cars with B/W photographs of the cars when new and present time colour pictures; it is my favourite part.

Only 4 cars (including two in the Mulhouse Museum) need restauration to be begun. Several T57 have surfaced during the last years, but I think that no more T46 will appear; maybe one or even two, but no many more. These cars are now very valuable and sought after. Therefore, this register is the definitive one.

The second part shows all the bodies made for these cars, arranged by body builders. I have felt sad seeing how many of these cars have been destroyed, therefore I have reviewed the register of the existing cars to admire them again. Well, fortunately not so few have been preserved.

There are more chapters with more interesting information, like the list of all the produced chassis.

The book has 500 pages. The authors have preferred to include everything what could be interesting rather than missing anything. It even includes a blue print of the chassis. Really a very well made work. Dr. Klein, Mr. Saunier and Mr. Jansen: Sincerely, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:31 pm 
Site Admin

I can only second to that. Very well made, very interesting read, and good "cm of bookshelves / euro" ratio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:54 am 

Where can I get this in the USA?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:03 am 

At the American Bugatti Club.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7