It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: About the T46 book
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:40 am 
Valued contributor

I am delighted to announce that there will be a further delay before the Klein, Saunier & Jansen work on the T46 goes to print. Why, I hear you ask, am I delighted about this? Simple, the result of further research needed to be incorporated.

When this work was announced by the authors it was to be 400 pages, now it will be more than 500. I think it safe to assume this will be the definitive work on Ettore's Petite Royale.

So for those who, like myself, availed themselves of the very reasonable subscription offer, just a little more patience please.

Kind Regards
Johan Buchner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:45 am 
Valued contributor

At the request of the authors it is my privilege to make the following announcement : Within the next day or two the T46 work will be delivered to the printers, the completion of which as follows : The first 100 copies by Christmas, 500 by the end of the year and 600 during January 2009.

During the planning faze the work was to be about 300 pages, when the subscription offer was announced it had grown to 400 pages. The final draft is 520 pages, and I have it on very good authority that this work is highly unlikely to disappoint.

I think a few of us shall have a very good Christmas indeed!

Regards

Post subject: his lordship says.....
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:11 pm 

one day some years ago a representative of a car company went to a very large estate in england to collect a car and the butler opened the door and asked him what his business was."It is for the car" he replied,"What are we to do with it?" "I shall enquire" the butler said and shut the door.When after a few minutes he returned and opened the door he said "His Lordship says Burn it!" I will not embarrass the company concerned by saying which car it was but very good news about the T46 book are you sure you have all the stories in it? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:07 pm 
Valued contributor

As long as the request was denied. It was denied wasn't it? No really, I'm asking. Unless it was a Ferrari................. :twisted:

Post subject: burn it
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:28 pm 

The car in question was a Facel Vega excellence which sadly Fred Hobbs of HWM did not burn as instructed ! The lord was Lord Braybourn who died later with Montbatton in the IRA bomb attack on the mountbatton boat. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:29 pm 
Valued contributor

Let's go even more deliriously off-topic for a moment : Which is the more gloriously opulent and/or extravagant saloon ; the Facel-Vega Excellence, the 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham or the 1961 "clap door" Lincoln?

I'll take the Cadillac thanks.

Johan

Post subject: excellence
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 pm 

I'll take the excellence,only because I bought the company in 1981 and have all the spares on the shelf :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:33 pm 

i was actually already looking for this book since it was supposed to be out already
i wanted to see what people thought of it, but now since it has almost doubled???
i'm looking forward to it now
but has the price also grown?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:46 pm 
Valued contributor

I am not sure if it will have any effect on the eventual retail price, but I made use of the subscription offer in February. (I think it expired in August) At that time it was only going to be 400 pages but now it is more than 500, so I asked the authors if the extra weight will mean an increase in the postage to South Africa. The answer was no.

I think it is highly unlikely that you will be disappointed with this work, from what I can gather it should do for the T46 what Laugier did for the T57S and is still going to do for the T51. The only difference being that while only 40 odd T57S and T51 each were produced, production of the T46 came to 400.

Speaking of Laugier, it was rumoured that his T51 book was due to be launched at Retromobile 2009, but this is unlikely, the author is still adding research. When it comes to collecting books on Bugatti, patience is not only a virtue, it is an absolute necessity. Worth it though.

DJ if you are looking for the latest info on the T46 book, click on Octagon Fox's banner at the top of this forum and go to new books. I see the price is still 180 Euros (the original post subscription amount) which seems most reasonable.

Regards
Johan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:01 pm 

oh man
why oh why didn't you warn me before i clicked on that link Johan
Now i see even more books that i want
& they already launched to other expensive non bugatti car books that i really want :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:10 pm 
Valued contributor

I know how you feel, I am beginning to dread going to Octagon Fox's site myself, I keep finding new ways to spend money. And seeing that you mentioned non-Bugatti books, sorry to cause you further trouble but Simon Moore has just released the second edition of his work on the Alfa Romeo 8C 2900.

Who was it who said that the best thing to do with temptation is to give in to it?

Cheers
Johan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:15 pm 

ahum, héhé, well, euhm, you know Johan

one of those 2 books i was reffering to IS the one from Simon Moore & i WILL have it this month :oops:
after i get back home from some work abroad i will go & pick it up myself so that i can overlook it myself & don't get any shipping damage

& that's not funny about the temptations, since there are WAY too many temptations that i like :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Dear all,

Our Bugatti Type 46 book was printed. (it has 520 pages, 775 photos and 4 kg of weight). We received the first partial delivery on 19 December 2008, all books shall be delivered on 16 January 2009. I shall try to send as much books as possible (to those who ordered the book or should receive it free of charge as a consideration for their contribution to the book) as soon as possible. However, I shall not be able to send all the books before my departure to Argentina on 5 January 2009. I should be back to Prague on 16 January 2009 and shall organize massive deliveries in the second half of January.

I wish all of you Happy New Year 2009.

Bohuslav Klein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:13 pm 

One of my Bugatti friends has received his copy of the type 46 book today…. According to him an unbelievable beautiful book… And he has the biggest car book collection I have ever seen…..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:00 am 

I received the T46 book by Klein/Saulnier/Jansen yesterday, and it is indeed beautiful and impressive.

The T46 was THE chassis for exceptional bodywork, and there are 100's of cars pictured in this book that you did not see before (one photograph was supplied by me, try and find it!).

What struck me most was the 3rd body on the Royale (the Saloon Fiacre with the oval windows at the rear), which was later put on one of the first T46 chassis! I never heard of that, let alone that I saw a picture of it. And there are 2 in this book!

Pity that this chassis was too expensive to maintain, and most were scrapped especially in the post-war years. throwing away also all these nice bodies!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next