It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:51 pm 

The Hucke/Kruta Bugatti book now is available (and it is beautiful, with hundreds of rare contemporary photographs) but the „other“ new book by Norbert Steinhauser. „Ettore Bugatti: L´artisan de Molsheim“ really got all my attention when it arrived by mail earlier this week. The result of 4 decades´ worth of research, this book (actually 3 volumes + English translation) covers Ettore´s pre-1921 years and his early cars in breathtaking detail. I´m sure this is the single most important Bugatti book in recent years, and a „must“ for those (like me) who are interested in early Bugattis. How I wish there would be a similar work on Gabriel Voisin !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:59 pm 
Valued contributor

You got the Steinhauser book already? Where do you live? Things always take longer to arrive here in the Southern Hemisphere, and I have been looking forward to getting this one with great eagerness. So it really is that good?

Two great books on the way to me, and both already paid for. 2008 is going to end on a high note, that's for sure!

Thanks
Johan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:46 pm 

It really is delightful. I spend too much time reading this book (my wife starts to raise her eyebrows already). A very passionate work and good fun – a whole page is devoted to the development of Ettore´s belly size ! Somewhat controversial in places, but then again that´s a good thing (don´t we all enjoy Borgeson´s fine book just because of that!) Delivery of the Steinhauser book took one week (within Europe) so I hope you´ll receive yours in time for Christmas.

Regards
sleevevalve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:14 pm 

A friend in the Netherlands received his copy today.. Got a look in it myself… and it looks great… Can’t wait until my copy will be delivered….

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:02 pm 
Valued contributor

Gentlemen, I thank thee.

Books usually takes just over two weeks to arrive, we have a post office on campus. But the university is closing Friday the 19th, and re-opens on 05/01/2009. I may have to wait a while longer, but from what I gather from your posts, it will be most definitely be worth it.

I nearly didn't order this book, but Lionel Decrey was so enthusiastic about it, I promptly changed my mind. Glad I did.

Thanks again.
Johan.