It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Bugatti from Milan to Molsheim
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:41 pm 

I am thinking of buying this Bugatti Milan to Molsheim book from Hucke and Kruta. Has anyone got any reviews on this book and does it contain anything new one the Royales?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:04 pm 
Valued contributor

Hi Greg

I'm paying for my copy 25/02/2009, two to three weeks after that I should be able to give you all the feedback you like. Soon enough? If not perhaps someone has already received theirs and they can give us both some feedback.

In the meantime, in the model-forum you mentioned the Park Ward Royale's sidemounted spares having metal cases fitted over them. Are they like those used on the Duesenberg Model J? Any chance you can post one of the only two(?) photos?

Thanks
Johan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:53 am 

There's a review in Classics & Sportscar's March issue, which is available now. They are quite positive.

I have the same doubts you have, so I'm still waiting as well. At the moment I have an opportunity to buy the original Hucke book, I'll probably go for that one.

This book is offered a lot on Ebay, does anybody know how many will be printed??

Post subject: Hucke's book
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:29 pm 

This is a very good book.I discussed the original with Uwe some years ago and he not only signed my copy but went upstairs to his wife then ill in bed and got her to sign it as well,It is one of my most prized possesions.With the new version,there are one or two details that could have been improved such as the english translation which was clearly done by a german.Given the amount of work necessary to get a book to publication it is sad when it is let down by sloppy proofreading.It might have been nice to see a recent photo of the only Peugeot sportscar with the 4 cylinder T35 motor.This would not have been difficult as Uwe owned it until relatively recently,it is now with the Halbard collection.Detailed photos of that motor would have been interesting.A common error when transating into english is to refer to cars thus:"here is THE 57352" it is necessary only to say "here is 57352".There a couple of small errors in the prototype section but my friend Julius should have let me see it before publication !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:14 pm 
Valued contributor

Thanks Lazarus.

Compared to the 500+ Euros for a copy of the original, the new one is also a bargain. And I speak not a word of German, so any English is preferable to no English!

Jaap, the print run is 1001 copies.

Regards
Johan