It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Ciao from Italy !
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:47 pm 

Hello everyone! My name is Angel, I'm sick and down of modeling, and now that I found myself suddenly fired'n'unemployed, I unfortunately (or eventually .. it's depends on your point of view ..) more time to devote to what for me is more than just a hobby . I am passionate about bikes, old bikes mainly: NOT the latest MotoGP, that's .. Norton, Triumph, Yamaha'73 Saarinen old,MV Augusta,the olds PROTAR'kits in 1/9th scale .. But I always had a mania for building a Bugatti.In the 80s, as a child, gave me a Bburago's die-cast,a "Type 59" in a (now discover ..)not thrue 1/18'scale. Just started "customizing", you can imagine with the results seen my age of ten and my "experience" :roll: .A few years after I re-buying, it was Amore.Of course now, still with me.Coming at the age of 40, and with such passion and a little more experience, I decided the big step: rebuild it as close as possible to the true,scratch-buildin' fhe possible I can. I was ready to sacrifice the model I have for thirty years, when an auction on eBay helped me, finding a box of a "Type59 Grand Prix "at 14 euros: the mine!.Now I have a couple of projects going on that I come to an end (based on a PROTARs' '52 Manx Norton, but it is done almost entirely in scratch, and a Triumph Tiger 80,a civil conversion from an ESCI's kit of a model 3HW military all in scale 1/9, my favorite) but as soon as I finish, I will finally begin this Bugatti.I have start collecting material (brass and aluminum), photographs and technical drawings, and wonderful experiencesof others modellers.On a forum of american model, ("ScaleMotor Cars"), I found Herman, and this wonderful site, "Bugattibuilders." and here I am, :D .A greeting ciao! to all and a big hope to Herman for the future of this wonderful site.Excuse me for my really bad english,never study at school,and Google Translate's so bad..Peace and have a good lifw to everyone on here!Angelo Angus,"fango".

Post subject: Re: Ciao from Italy !
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:43 am 

Welcome to the site.
:) :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:48 am 

Oh,thanks mr.Gerrit,the "verzameling"' thread is great,tons of interesting info and great pictures!..also if unfortunatelly for me it's wrote on dutch'language.. :o

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:01 pm 

I can understand what the language is concerned.
I savings though 25-year 1: 43.
I follow photography cursus to give substance to the pictures.
Much fun with the site.

:) :)