It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: #4915
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:37 pm 

http://www.bugattiregister.com/wiki/ind ... title=4915

First of all, this is no Swiss registration but an Italian from Genova (Genua). The car was entered by Renato Balestrero for driver Giacomo Palmieri at the Klausen 1934 and also some other events (Semmering 1933, Kesselberg and Stelvio 1934). Before Palmieri it was raced by Attilio Battilana, e.g. at the Stelvio 1933 (see the other photo), also entered by Balestrero. Clearly visible on the car the logo of "Gruppo Genovese San Giorgio", a racing cooperation of some independant drivers under the management of Balestrero.

I would like to know the basis for identifying this car as #4915. Balestrero himself owned and raced for years the T35C #4843, until it was substituted in 1933 by an Alfa Monza 8C-2600. Therefore I believe he made his old Bugatti available to less wealthy drivers.

It is confusing that sources are quoted as reference without poiting out to WHAT EXACTLY they refer.

Post subject: Re: #4915
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:26 pm 

Hello? Anybody out there? Please talk to me....!

Today the WIKI for 4915 has been amended, the (CH) was changed to (I), and Balestrero was added as "former owner". Not as owner of 4843, but of 4915. Great!
Nobody came over with any arguments or explanations why he identified the photos of Battilana and Palmieri as 4915. A lonesome decision was taken and published as fact!? Simple question - why is this sub-forum named "WIKI Discussions?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:09 am 

Michael Müller wrote:
http://www.bugattiregister.com/wiki/index.php?title=4915

First of all, this is no Swiss registration but an Italian from Genova (Genua). The car was entered by Renato Balestrero for driver Giacomo Palmieri at the Klausen 1934 and also some other events (Semmering 1933, Kesselberg and Stelvio 1934). Before Palmieri it was raced by Attilio Battilana, e.g. at the Stelvio 1933 (see the other photo), also entered by Balestrero. Clearly visible on the car the logo of "Gruppo Genovese San Giorgio", a racing cooperation of some independant drivers under the management of Balestrero.

I would like to know the basis for identifying this car as #4915. Balestrero himself owned and raced for years the T35C #4843, until it was substituted in 1933 by an Alfa Monza 8C-2600. Therefore I believe he made his old Bugatti available to less wealthy drivers.

It is confusing that sources are quoted as reference without poiting out to WHAT EXACTLY they refer.

4915: Traduction en français ????:

Tout d'abord, ce n'est pas un enregistrement suisse, mais un Italien de Gênes (Genua). La voiture était entré par Renato Balestrero pour le pilote Giacomo Palmieri au Klausen 1934 et aussi quelques autres événements (Semmering 1933, Kesselberg et Stelvio 1934). Avant il était couru Palmieri par Attilio Battilana, par exemple, à la Stelvio 1933 (voir l'autre photo), est également entré en Balestrero. Bien visibles sur la voiture le logo du «Gruppo Genovese San Giorgio", une coopération de course de certains pilotes indépendante sous la direction de Balestrero.

Je voudrais connaître la base pour identifier cette voiture que # 4915. Balestrero lui appartient et a couru pendant des années le T35C # 4843, jusqu'à ce qu'il soit remplacé en 1933 par une Alfa 8C Monza-2600. Donc je crois qu'il a fait ses vieilles Bugatti disponibles pour les conducteurs les moins riches.

Il est déroutant que les sources sont citées comme référence sans poiting vers exactement ce qu'ils font référence.

Owner Balestrero 4915 and 4843, or only 4843 ???????

Vous laisse le soin d'apporter directement les modifications en anglais sur Wiki.
Cela éviterait des mauvaises interprétations dues à des traducteurs pas toujours faciles à utiliser. Merci

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:44 am 

Recalling my old school French the advise is simple - if I do not agree with WIKI details I am open to change them. Great!

But there is one problem - I believe the photos in question show #4843, but I do not know it! "bugatti69" seems to know that they show 4915, but he is not ready or able - may be due to language barriers - to share his information and/or argumentation. On the other side, the "???????" looks like he does not know it either, it may be simply a guess.

Guys, if your intention is to build up an "International Bugatti Register" on basis of guesses and speculation, then you should not be surprised that nobody is taking it serious.