It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

As this forum section can lead to overheated heads, this section is tightly moderated. At the sllightest suspection of a thread going into the wrong direction, action will be taken.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Argentina Bugatti
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:52 pm 

For sure , the welding at the exaust pipe is a joke . I would scrap this part the first day and make a new one .And all I did see with the front and back axel including the steering box is dangeres . How is it possible that this cars got papers to drive on the streets if this are only " look likes " ?
Argentina is not realy known for mechanicel items , or is it ? I know only Argentina beefsteaks . If you like to build a good replica , you have to put the soul in to it .And you need to know how to do it .
Like no CNC machined parts . Why not building this 35 in Europa , for example in the Elsass . But something is going right now . There is a possibility for new 35 made in Molsheim in the future . Not " look likes " , real Bugattis with the Bugatti Soul .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:08 pm 

Lazarus wrote:
Thank you for sharing this very educational photo with us,Just a quick look reveals the following,The exhausts are quite dreadful and are the first PS parts that I ever saw at Beaulieu many years ago.They have copied an original with many welded repairs rather than the beautiful elegant original,The brass screw in the water pump should not be domed,the water pump greaser should not have a brass cap but steel.The oil pump is quite extraordinary,the ball and spring for the starting handle should not have a square headed bolt,I cannot see evidence of the pins that should lock the idler gear shafts in the blower drive,the breathers look very odd,are they steel fabrications? the oil filter could be a necessary evil,but evil it is.the bolts on the oil feeds to the front timing cover should be hexagonal not square,should not the bronze housing on the front have 5mm studs and nuts and not bolts? the nuts on the blower drive coupling should be castle with splitpins.This is at first glance,but an expert could no doubt find much more.What makes a Bugatti ? Does it matter where it is made? probably not,but a Bugatti is HOW it is made.This is not HOW it is made.

John, as I said already, Anadon does not even try to make replicas he produces "look-a-lïkes".
Bugwrench

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:47 pm 

so how can a "look-a-lïkes" get Bugatti papers ?
The next Bugatti Festival in Molsheim , we call the "look-a-lïkes Festival" , because most of the cars are "look-a-lïkes". 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:36 pm 

Bugwrench wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
Thank you for sharing this very educational photo with us,Just a quick look reveals the following,The exhausts are quite dreadful and are the first PS parts that I ever saw at Beaulieu many years ago.They have copied an original with many welded repairs rather than the beautiful elegant original,The brass screw in the water pump should not be domed,the water pump greaser should not have a brass cap but steel.The oil pump is quite extraordinary,the ball and spring for the starting handle should not have a square headed bolt,I cannot see evidence of the pins that should lock the idler gear shafts in the blower drive,the breathers look very odd,are they steel fabrications? the oil filter could be a necessary evil,but evil it is.the bolts on the oil feeds to the front timing cover should be hexagonal not square,should not the bronze housing on the front have 5mm studs and nuts and not bolts? the nuts on the blower drive coupling should be castle with splitpins.This is at first glance,but an expert could no doubt find much more.What makes a Bugatti ? Does it matter where it is made? probably not,but a Bugatti is HOW it is made.This is not HOW it is made.

John, as I said already, Anadon does not even try to make replicas he produces "look-a-lïkes".
Bugwrench

or look not quite alikes ? lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:39 pm 

hortig78rpm wrote:
Ive read a road test of an argentinian T35 sometime ago in "the automobile". It read quite good for it, so a drive in it can`t be terrible or pared with enourmerous costs. I think it`s better for people, who can`t effort a real GP-bug , to buy an argentinian one for much less money ,than to buy one of those "bitsas" ;made all over the world during the last 6o years with faked numbers and wrong authentity.
not many in the world have the chance/luck like you john, beeing able to make a passion to profession for lifetime.

regards
mike

PS: john, there are a lot of other original steamers left, predating the 1888 marcus:
de dions, amedee bollees, borodinos etc. the marcus was never restored and made only driveable in the early 5o`s , but it`s heavy motor made further driving atempts
too much a risk for the wooden chassis.

Sorry Hortig,I prefer my "bitza's" with as many original parts as possible,and with all else made to drawing.The thing that PS make very well is MONEY,sadly something that I have never quite managed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:36 pm 

Replicas by Crosthwaite & Gardner and by Ivan Dutton Ltd. are made according to the original Bugatti specifications and that is why these replicas get the chassis number plates assigned by the Bugatti Owners' Club (BC XXX). Argentinian Pur Sang replicas do not fulfill the British Owners' Club standards and cannot have those BOC chassis plates. That makes a big difference.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:10 pm 

LANOS wrote:
Replicas by Crosthwaite & Gardner and by Ivan Dutton Ltd. are made according to the original Bugatti specifications and that is why their replicas get the chassis number plates assigned by the Bugatti Owners' Club (BC XXX). Argentinian Pur Sang replicas do not fulfill the British Owners' Club standards and cannot have those BOC chassis plates. That makes a big difference.

I am afraid you have not been properly informed.
There are several PS Look-a-likes in Europe and particularly in Australia and NZ that received a BC number from the BOC in order to get road registered.
This bad practice is now terminated for UK cars not because the cars do not fulfill the BOC standards (fitting a Bugatti badge is enough for the BOC) but because the UK Authorities did not agree with this practice any longer (to say it mildly as I could have used stronger words). At least untill recently BC numbers have been issued for PS cars outside the UK.
Bugwrench

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:12 pm 

There are some PS " ......." [fill in the gaps] in england with BC numbers , dvla V5C log books and vin/ identity plates ..presumably-or obviously approved.
as not in my ownership..., I can not comment.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:55 pm 

This bad practice is now terminated for UK cars not because the cars do not fulfill the BOC standards (fitting a Bugatti badge is enough for the BOC)
Bugwrench[/quote]
You are very naughty Bugwrench,that is really not correct [ although I understand where you are coming from!] There has been one naughty man in the UK who "conned" the BOC and caused much trouble as a result.The BOC has had to learn the hard way that you cannot always trust the members to tell the truth about their cars.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:16 am 

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153320
150 Bugatti made since 10 years !?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:14 am 

Udolahr wrote:
Why not building this 35 in Europa , for example in the Elsass . But something is going right now . There is a possibility for new 35 made in Molsheim in the future . Not " look likes " , real Bugattis with the Bugatti Soul .

Does Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. (Volkswagen) have any plans to build the T35 again at Molsheim? Where would they do it? I think that it is planned to build a new "atelier" to produce the new Galibier.

Artioli's Bugatti (the Campogalliano factory) had some "intentions" to build again parts and even complete cars of some of the types produced at Molsheim, but in the end those intentions came to nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 am 

John

sorry, I did`nt want to blame you, but the ones, who built bitzas around only a few original components with8o to 9o% new parts ( see discussion over keith butti) to sell them as a real thing. or even butchered one Bug to create twoor three out of one.
but it`s not only a bugatti-fate. have a look on the mercedes SSK or the Alfa 1750, 23oo etc, or even the R.R. silver ghost..

kind regards
mike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:20 pm 

Lanos , it has nothing to do with Volkswagen . The money is from an English Investor to build (asemble) the 35 in Molsheim .

Post subject: Re: No new old Bugattis by the S.A.S.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:45 pm 

Udolahr wrote:
Lanos , it has nothing to do with Volkswagen . The money is from an English Investor to build (asemble) the 35 in Molsheim .

I spoke to a senior executive with Bugatti S.A.S today concerning the Type 35 rumor.
They state that they have not considered making vintage Bugattis and have not considered producing parts for the pre-1998 Bugattis .They clearly said they didn’t want to have any liability for the prior cars .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

They did play with the thought of buying 50 Pur Sangs, however, and set up a racing series.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next