It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

As this forum section can lead to overheated heads, this section is tightly moderated. At the sllightest suspection of a thread going into the wrong direction, action will be taken.

Post subject: Re: Type 37 Replica built in (CZ)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:46 pm 

http://auto.idnes.cz/ve-zline-stavi-uni ... jetiny_fdv

Samohýl Motor Zlín začne vyrábět repliky vozů Bugatti | auto.cz

Ptali jste se na výrobu replik automobilů Bugatti | Ekonom.iHNed.cz

a few googled sites...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:50 pm 

Thanks Davids I already saw these but they dont really give a lot of info if anything they are confusing as they mix photos of the recreations with 2 real / part real cars I'm interested if they have a whole recreation finished yet.
There are also some photos of a hybrid crank I'm cureious to see what they are using on there production cars.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:47 am 

I saw nearly the same photographs two years ago. So there seems not really to be a progress in that project. Hope they keep the pace in going on further. :lol:

bietbert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:31 pm 

with so many replicas from cheap production countries the Bugatti spirit disappeares ! It happend bevor with other products , for example made in China .
Just look at the front axel in the video , made in CZ .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:38 am 

Milled, not forged... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:07 pm 

Is it just to me that front axle looks odd? And those brake drums... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:03 pm 

X-Filer wrote:
Is it just to me that front axle looks odd? And those brake drums... :lol:

Hi,

I guess that the brake drums look odd as the car has spoke wheels and usually people are used to see the aluminium cast wheels with the drums incorporated.
I guess that the front axle should also have the correct size as they had at least an original as sample to copy.

Now to those or mainly the one who likes to criticise about everything someone else is building as soon as it looks that the builder wants to make a business out of it.
A series of 10 or 15 cars, if that is the full production is by far no mass production.
It might even assure some kind of quality level as these people don't want all of their cars come back with the same failures.
So please have a close look to the end product in real before criticizing other peoples work instead of calling it poor quality or whatever.
I remember a discussion threat about an accident with a replica T35 where the same people immediately identified a broken "bad quality replica" aluminium wheel as the guilty party and launched a heated discussion about poor quality from south America while finding out after a few days that it was just a driver error and the broken wheel was damaged during the accident.
With all my respect to the knowledge of these people, I'm sure that they were also following a learning curve and still they do not follow the basic engineering rules to first measure, verify and evaluate before coming to a conclusion.
Sadly their communication skills are not developed in the same way than their engineering skills what can create friction with others.
My opinion is that a totally built up replica is ok as long as no one tries to sell it as an old one and it is for sure more transparent to be checked by a possible customer than an assembly of mainly new parts with half of an old chassis and a plate and papers of whatever origin. But also here the car quality is not the actual problem but it's what people pretend it is what creates the problem.
Just check the story of that Dovaz T43 what may be partly or maybe not has reappeared.
I believe that it would be much easier to identify a replica T43 from Argentina as such than the percentage of originality of this T43.
Concerning the fabrication of the front axle as they do it in the video from CZ I guess that they are doing it the same way than most of the replica builders do.
There not so many people forging them as they were done originally.
If the end result is safe and correctly sized, I don't see a problem in doing that as it will never be an original part whatever way you use to build it, milling, casting and so on. The biggest difference might be the weight and maybe a strength concern.
One can complain about the quality of work of some replica builders but also the original Bugatti works quality was not always that glorious. Just have a look in the T57 warranty and quality charts at the last pages of the T57 book from Barry Price.
Also sad is that in this forum a big part of the posts drift sooner or later to a discussion about originality, replica and quality.

Greetings:

minime

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:03 pm 

It`s OK . They are not building Bugatti replicas , they build Bugatkys. So in the end it will look like a Bugatky . :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:03 pm 

Udolahr wrote:
It`s OK . They are not building Bugatti replicas , they build Bugatkys. So in the end it will look like a Bugatky . :D

Hi,

I don't catch that one, can you clarify please?

By criticizing everything and everyone about what looks only right and acceptable in your own little world you will have as result that people will stop posting about their projects as whoever posts something that doesn't look right to you gets immediately turned down in an quite insulting way.
This is not only the case in this forum but also in other ones where you have been active.
If we only had owners of original Bugatti’s over here it would be quite empty and annoying. How many original Bugatti’s do you own?
So please refrain from spreading more venom. :x

Greetings:

minime

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:56 pm 

" people will stop posting about their projects " , are you joking ?
Only nicefloor from the USA and Marek from Poland show anything . And both are realy activ and do something . And both do a very good job , so what is your problem ?
You did not catch it ? Listen to the voice in the video .
" in your own little world " belive me , my world is much bigger compare to yours .
I work together with a lot of CZ companys . In the moment my engines are on the test stand of the technical university in Prag and so on . So I know what I am talking about .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:24 pm 

Sorry,

It's of no use, you simply don't catch the point.
By the way, my daily work consists of engine dyno work and engine management systems as well as all what goes with that but I see no reason why I should publish that over here.
I'm working since 22 years in that job so I'm not a total ignorant.
You haven't answered my question if you own by yourself an original Bugatti or something that you would qualify as an original.
Please not only a frame with an old grey card and an assembly of bits and pieces.
But seen how you judge about originality and quality you must have the greatest Bugatti collection after the one of the Schlumpf bros. :lol:
For my part I'm happy for everyone who enjoys driving a Bugatti, original, replica or self-built whatever. They have for sure more fun than those who can't share that experience.

Greetings:

minime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:19 pm 

I still haven't seen an answer to my question:

What is the strategy to get these Bugattis from Czech republic on the road?

Under EU law they can probably not be used anywhere, except on a closed track.

Please clarify.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:25 pm 

you drive the new made Bugatky to a not EU country , for example Ukraine . Dismantle it use a trailer to bring it back to CZ . At the border you show the purchase contract , this custom people look if the chassis number at the car is the same with the number in the contract , thats all . And you have EU customs papers for a 1928 Bugatti .

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:26 pm 

But that does not get you a log book/ carte gris / paper for road use...etc surely?
merely an import or ownership paper....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:53 pm 

after you have the EU customs papers the rest is easy .