It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

As this forum section can lead to overheated heads, this section is tightly moderated. At the sllightest suspection of a thread going into the wrong direction, action will be taken.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bugatti Atlantic Replicas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:23 pm 

this is called " tunnel vision " .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:22 pm 

Udolahr wrote:
this is called " tunnel vision " .

Ahh now we move from T57's to civil engineering ! Tunnels.good subject.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:36 pm 

we are already inside the tunnel . Can you see the light ( Blues Brothers) at the end ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:56 am 

Udolahr wrote:
A Mercedes SLR is estimated over 60 million . So it must be a much nicer car .

by the way, the Gullwing is a Jean Bugatti patent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:37 pm 

for sure , everything is Bugatti . Other things do not exist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

If this thread keeps heading into the wrong direction, it might get closed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 pm 

close it , we start a new one about chassis numbers .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:53 pm 

Herman wrote:
...it might get closed.

It's the ONLY ONE....!! :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:25 pm 

Except for the Cobra, the GTO and a few others, in years i've noticed that many (good!) classic cars replicas are Bugattis.
Beauty has nothing to do with value, I think my Saab is a wonderful car, and it's relatively cheap.
It's very particular that so many people in years have spent money and efforts in creating a car that is hard to imagine in real life (even if I think I could survive, if someone wants to make me a gift), and is not a modern supercar or a super-fast show car. I think that is really "tender" to see the guy that is creating in his backyard the fiberglass Atlantic.
Every Bugatti is a work of art, the same 35 is a car of stunning beauty, simply a different beauty from Atlantic's one. Perhaps the car judged "the mos beautiful" most times is the Atlantic, and this was the sense of my words, that were not clear, but this is merely an opinion, everyone can have a personal one.
So many cars have a stunning body, I love so much pre-war car, not only Bugattis...but in the end, if I must choose one, I would choose a Bugatti, and among Bugattis, an Atlantic or an Atalante (or the one I've heard called the "Imaginaire" for her history, Gangloff I think). Said this, if one day I will have the possibility (even if I think it's hard...), a 35 (but also a Brescia, and many others) is the second car on the favourite list.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:23 pm 

Hello,

What a stupid idea that someone dares to title in a Bugatti forum the Atlantic as the most beautiful car on earth. :shock:
Luckily we have someone over here to remind us that there are other great cars existing that might be described as the most beautiful cars by others in Mercedes forums.
Instead of answering the initial question of Helle23, if someone knows the cars on the pictures, with a lack of the requested information but the desperate need to make displaced comments on what is for sure recognised (also by non-Bugatti fanatics) as one of the most beautiful designs that ever was made the same person makes a driving assessment of a car he never had the chance to sit in or even drive for a meter.
I'm sure no one in this forum would refuse the offer to try it if it was made to him forgetting that actually it is unpractical small inside and that it heats up like an oven like most of the cars in the 30's.
Be reminded beautiful is a matter of taste and doesn't mean practical..
I wouldn't like to use a Mercedes SLR as a taxi cab either although Mercedes makes quite good taxis. (Have they ever made anything else :?:)

Greetings:

Minime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:02 am 

minime wrote:
Hello,

What a stupid idea that someone dares to title in a Bugatti forum the Atlantic as the most beautiful car on earth. :shock:
Luckily we have someone over here to remind us that there are other great cars existing that might be described as the most beautiful cars by others in Mercedes forums.
Instead of answering the initial question of Helle23, if someone knows the cars on the pictures, with a lack of the requested information but the desperate need to make displaced comments on what is for sure recognised (also by non-Bugatti fanatics) as one of the most beautiful designs that ever was made the same person makes a driving assessment of a car he never had the chance to sit in or even drive for a meter.
I'm sure no one in this forum would refuse the offer to try it if it was made to him forgetting that actually it is unpractical small inside and that it heats up like an oven like most of the cars in the 30's.
Be reminded beautiful is a matter of taste and doesn't mean practical..
I wouldn't like to use a Mercedes SLR as a taxi cab either although Mercedes makes quite good taxis. (Have they ever made anything else :?:)

Greetings:

Minime

I would answer NO but I would be acused of going off topic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:54 pm 

you're right, Mercedes builds the best taxis. For example: 2011 , turnover 106,5 billion ,
profit 6 billion with 1,26 million cars . And your Bugatti ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:31 pm 

Honestly...who cares?
Is not quantity but quality. MB has created some of the most beautiful and performing cars in entire automobile history (just think to the 540K, the "normal" Gullwing, the SLR, the SSK, and others) but...here we focus on Bugattis.
Part of my question was on the right car of the first photo. Someone knows something?
Let's go back on topic. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:09 pm 

Hellé23 wrote:
but...here we focus on Bugattis

that is also my opinion ...
Hellé23 wrote:
Part of my question was on the right car of the first photo. Someone knows something? Let's go back on topic

I'm sorry, but a Bugatti replica (no original :!: ) can't be French Bugatti :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:33 pm 

Mmm...you're right! Perhaps someone can change the section...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next