It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:27 am 

Crankcase Vents are finished. I have been spending more time at the drawing board so things slowed down a bit. Should start seeing some action here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:59 am 
Site Admin

They look very nice. Just like the real thing.

What's that in the background? An oldtimer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:02 pm 

Herman wrote:
They look very nice. Just like the real thing.

What's that in the background? An oldtimer?

1 of 3 cars i have laying around.

1929 ford Model A (seen here)
1969 Chevelle
1974 Datsun with the Alpha 1 Ferrari kit body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:02 am 

Went to the model engine show in Toledo Ohio. Picked up some spark plugs and talked to other wierdo's just like me. Awsome display of every kind of engine you can think of (except straight 8 haha). Put up a few pictures of the motor with the plugs installed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:09 am 

Distributors are finished. Had to do them lambo style. Could'nt put one in the proper place. I do not have the skill to cut the gears on the cam. Also got tired of waiting and took the oil pan parts to a welder. I expect to get it back in a few days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:49 am 
Site Admin

Smart solution. Putting a distributor on the original place indeed is quite some work. What are the next steps? Should be almost finished now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:20 pm 

Oilpan will need some work.
Cam gear covers.
Electronics for the ignition.
Plates on the oilpan and cylinder
Plug wires.

Gees i think that's all. Seem's to be getting close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:30 am 

Scratch cam gear covers off the list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:13 am 
Site Admin

How about putting a fake distibutor on the original place, and guide the spark plug wires through them?

And what's the thingy in front of the engine, with the 4 holes in them, in your 21st of April picture?

Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:27 am 

Herman wrote:
How about putting a fake distibutor on the original place, and guide the spark plug wires through them?

And what's the thingy in front of the engine, with the 4 holes in them, in your 21st of April picture?

Keep up the good work!

I thought about the fake distributor BUT!

I cant get away from the 2 in the back, and it would look funny with 3, and there just is not room for the wires in the cam box. Someday when my skill catches up with my imagination, i can maybe make some of the changes.
I also thought about a 1/3 scale version with more detail and some improvements like the distributor correction and a working compressor. A larger model would allow for the compressor drive gears in the front cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:31 pm 

Put some oil pan pictures in the album. It still needs some holes in it for motor mounts so don't scratch that one off the list yet. It looked sort of cool so i sent a few pics over.

I think motor mounts will be next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

Looks cool. Don't forget (fake) inspection covers, with Bugatti lozenges.

If you hesitate making them, I know of a guy who runs a computer-controlled router over here, and he might be willing to make them. He enjoys playing around with the thing. (he made the router himself, with a 0,005 mm precision. He's an instrument maker...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:33 pm 

Herman wrote:
Looks cool. Don't forget (fake) inspection covers, with Bugatti lozenges.

If you hesitate making them, I know of a guy who runs a computer-controlled router over here, and he might be willing to make them. He enjoys playing around with the thing. (he made the router himself, with a 0,005 mm precision. He's an instrument maker...)

The inspection covers are in the plan along with the logo's. The local high school has a class with 3 very small CNC routers. If that does'nt happen and you want to talk to him about making the logos, I could send you the size. I will need 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:57 pm 

Steve, I'm speachless. really, your engine is amazing.
Please, take into serious consideration publishing the plans on Model Engine Builder (www.modelenginebuilder.com) so that other modelers spread all around the world can have a little Bugatti at home!
Vive la Marque!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:06 pm 

8inlinea wrote:
Steve, I'm speachless. really, your engine is amazing.
Please, take into serious consideration publishing the plans on Model Engine Builder (www.modelenginebuilder.com) so that other modelers spread all around the world can have a little Bugatti at home!
Vive la Marque!

I have met with Mike Rehmus who is the publisher of MEB. He said if it runs, he will consider running a build article.

I really did'nt think it was that good. I thought it would be a good exercise to learn how to machine parts. So i drew up the plans and started making parts. I don't even know if it will run or not (cam timing and things like that).

I have all of the parts in Cad 2000 and Alibre form if you want to have a set of drawings. Alibre has a free version. Problem is I drew the parts and don't know how to make drawings that people can work from. I have no REAL drafting skills so I dont know how to relate this thing to other people, meaning I dont think people could build the parts from what I have drawn.

I have been working alot, so very little has been getting done lately. It has been at least a month without a single part being made. I need to make the motor mounts so when the ignition is done i can try to fire the thing up.

Thanks for the kind words and the Alibre and CAD drawings are free to anybody who wants them. They will likely finish before me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next