It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Bugatti T50 Roadster
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:41 pm 

Hi Could someone possibly help me with any detailed photos of this car ? I seek body and Chassis photos for a 1/8th scale build I'm working on.

Many thanks
Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:25 pm 
Valued contributor

Hi Sean

I would love to help but which T50 Roadster are you talking about? Herewith a list of all (as far as I know) T50 roadsters, photos courtesy of Wiki.

Please ignore the remark about the photos, this bloody internet is driving me nuts tonight, twice I prepared posts with photos and details, twice they disappeared. Herewith just a list of the T50 chassis numbers with roadster bodies, my patience is up.

See all in Wiki.

Good Luck.
Johan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:22 pm 

Hi Johan,
Thankyou for the reply, the car I wish to build is the car in the photos attached .
I know it is based on the T50 chassis but to my knowlege shortened .
I'm basing the build obviously on Pochers T50 and will have to scratch a new body in brass or copper . If someone does have photos based on this chassis and body I would also be most grateful !
I know nothing more of the history of this car but have only a handful of small photographs to work from so was hoping someone could shed some light on the subject ??

Many Thanks
Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:06 am 
Valued contributor

The car you want to build a model of is 50116. The body is new, built by Crailville. I also include some photos of 50123 with roadster body by James Young which I believe served as inspiration for the Crailville body. These are unfortunately the only photos I could find. As to the wheelbase the following : The T50 had a relatively short wheelbase of 3.1 metres but in 1932 the T50T was introduced with a longer wheelbase of 3.5 metres, same as that of the T46. (Identical chassis in fact, only the engine is a single cam 5.3 litre. The T50 had a twin cam 4.9 litre engine) The Pocher chassis is a T50T, so will have to be shortened. (400 mm divided by 8?)

Regards
Johan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:01 am 

Johan Thankyou so much for this I'm so grateful !!! :D The roadster must be on a 122" Chassis the pocher is 14" (scale) too long which means I had to remove 1.75" After resoldering and cleaning the join I attached the axle , Diff and wheels to check the look asthiticly and it looks fine !
What I wanted to know is did Bugatti ever produce an owners Manual as such much the same as Bentley and Rolls Royce did with their cars this would help me Hugely ??
Also would it be possible for you to Email these photos in a bigger format
my email address is carol012@bigpond.com Thankyou again.

Cheers
Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:31 am 
Valued contributor

Hi Sean

I cannot get the photos in a bigger format, sorry. (My computer skills are, shall we say, limited.) Can anybody else please help Sean?

As to the owners manual, I honestly do not know, but I would think it unlikely. Bugatti's after-sales service did not quite match that of Rolls Royce!

Try this link : http://www.bugatti-trust.co.uk/photogra ... 4-type-50/ Go to the last page, there are quite a few photos of a T50 chassis and some mechanical components.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Johan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:08 am 

Johan you have been a huge help !! Thankyou very much ! I have saved all these photographs and will use them all during the course of the build !

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:28 pm 

Dear Sean,

Have sent you an E-mail with a couple of pictures of the car…

Best regards,

Rivaaquarama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:58 pm 

http://www.bugattibuilder.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=666

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:44 am 

Well what can I say but thankyou guys for all your help in this I now have enough detail photos of the car !!!, Im curious though as to what modifications would have been made to the chassis to shorten it ?

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:19 am 
Site Admin

Welcome back, Sean.

Shorten the side rails, shorten the torque bar. Basicly that should do it. Cut the chassis somewhere, where it is straight. Basicly where the door hinges are. (of course the various linkages should be shortened as well, like brake lines, shift bars, not to forget the drive shaft...)

For the torque bar: I have seen one on a shortened T43 chassis, which was just cut in 2, then welded together overlapping the amount that it was shortened. Not a pretty sight... effective, though...

Can you show us what you are doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:23 am 

Hi Herman I was never gone I've been lurking in the background !!
I'm sorry for these poor quality photos I took them in a hurry tonight .
As you can see I have already shortened the chassis pay no attention to the build quality of the rest of the model as it was purchased off Ebay built and incomplete.
I intend to replace all the slotted head screws Pocher provide with hex bolts and I also will machining as much of the plastic components in Brass I can ,I'm not a fan of plastic Kits as you know Herman!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Looks promising!

I know you are not fond of plastic, so I am curious to see what modifications you will make to the kit parts.

Best regards,

Herman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, one thing: Did you check the wheelbase?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:20 pm 

I do not have wheelbase specifications. Refer to one of my above posts for chassis specifications with this done correctly the rest should measure up if you have the specifications Herman could you please forward them on ?

Sean