It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Bugatti models by Wingrove.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:27 am 

For scratch built Bugatti models check out http://www.geraldwingrove.com View Model Collection > Gallery-1 -4 -5 -7 -9 -10. and also ‘Bonhams’ Sale-UK . For scratch building tips, check out the ‘View Build’ Galleries. Later next year I hope to be building a new model of the Weinberger Bugatti Royale and featuring it under ‘The Current Project’, to cover every stage of the building. Also check out a copy of Complete Car Modeller-2, which gives some of the history of this car, a note or two on the building of a fully detailed model, together with (in the new paperback edition only) a full set of scale plans, including Type 41 engine and chassis details from which the model was built.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:35 am 

The master of big scale Model building has entered the Bugattibuilder Forum !!!!!

Welcome Gerald !!!!! Your models are still the best… Same can be said about your books….

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:30 pm 

I am blown away by your work. I love the engines mostly. Where do you gather information for the engines?

I am currently working on a 1/4 scale motor loosely based on the 50T. All I could find was 1 photo and a pocher model for reference. I contacted the Bugatti Trust for info but was told it would cost hundreds of dollars for the info. This is my first model so i consider this a training mission but for future projects i would like to do a better job with the details.

Where do you gather your dimentions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Gerald,

Welcome to the forums. At this point the modelling section is a bit slow, but it will improve definately. Especcially with top of the bill modellers like you, but also Steve, who is doing a fantastic job on a 1:4 T50 engine, which should be able to run.

By pure coincidence, I just received today a copy of the Royale Weinberger drawing (A0 format) which you produced. Together with the book "The complete car modeller 2" there is everything you need to know about the Royale, and even more...

Thank you for visiting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

I promised Gerald to show some more of his work:

For larger versions of these pictures (highly recommended!!!) please see the photo album:
http://www.bugattibuilder.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=255

Please also visit the site of Gerald Wingrove, for more fantastic scale models: www.geraldwingrove.com

Weinberger Bugatti Royale, (1988 replica) painted in its originals colour scheme of German Post Office Yellow, and black with Ivory (simulated) Hungarian Pigskin interior.

Gerald A. & Phyllis Wingrove with the car in their front garden in Digby, Lincolnshire (UK) before taking it out on the country roads for a photo shoot, then into Lincoln city for a photo in the car park just below the Lincoln Cathedral.

The Weinberger Bugatti Royale together with the Bugatti Type 57sc Atlantic (1981 Replicer) and a Type 59 Bugatti parked in the drive at Lindum House in Digby in the late 1980s.

The Bugatti Atlantic with original dark saphire blue, with ivory and blue trim interior colour combination, on the road near Digby, Lincolnshire.

Bugatti Atlantic together with the Bugatti Type 57sc (1988 replicar) with Corsica body.

Corsica Bugatti Type 57sc in original light blue colour scheme with (simulated) crockadile skin upholstary and dash board, ar originally designed.

Corsica Type 57 sc with (1982 replica) Type 59 Bugatti in original Gauloises cigerete blue.

Bugatti Type 59 on the road near Lincoln city UK.

Alfa Romeo P3 (1979 replica) together with Bugatti Type 59, engine hoods open parked in the road at Lindum House Digby Lincoln UK.

---------
(Wingrove) Bugatti Detail.

Weinberger Bugatti Royale on the road in Lincolnshire UK. (with large 2 metre plastic finger to make it look like) a 1/15th scale miniature.

Weinberger on the work bench with canvas (sheet copper) top removed to show bows and interior detailing.

Fully detailed Bugatti Type 41 chassis in 1/15th scale.

Fully detailed (external) Bugatti Type 41 engine.

Bugatti Type 57 sc Atlantic engine detail in 1/15th scale.

Bugatti Type 57 sc engine on stand in 1/15th scale

Weinberger and Corsica miniatures on work bench.

Corsica Bugatti Type 57sc in 1/15th scale.

Bugatti Type 59 in 1/15th scale showing engine detail.

For more photos, check out www.geraldwingrove.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:30 am 

THANKS Herman, it's really fantastic of beauty but also in the realization. I like that !!