It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: The Bugatti models of Gerrit Bus
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

Gerrit was so kind to send me some pictures of his models, and he allowed me to post them on this message board.

Gerrit is a long time Bugatti model collector. he is now having models built by Dieter terbeck (a seperate thread about Dieter can be found here:)

http://www.bugattibuilder.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24

http://www.bugattibuilder.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=64

Again a great thanks for Gerrit, for sharing these pictures.

Last edited by Herman on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:20 pm 

I can't see any pictures here? Just my problem or?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:06 pm 
Site Admin

I changed the images to a universal link to his album on the photo server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:49 am 

The first link does not work.

Impressive line of models, but what is this EBT-3 train? Not an Ettore design??

The green-yellow train is no Ettore design. I believe it to be a Micheline or maybe a Renault autorail.

I take it that the horse-drawn carriages are of Ettore design?

I like the little "Schlumpf" museum! Old style. Pity they reorganised and modernised it, the original museum may have been less informative, but was much more impressive!

The aero engine has type 21. This is based on what information???

I like all the aero-engine models. Especially the T67. This was never produced I believe?

The tilting train, what is this?

Last question: What is the T65 and the Jeep? Where do these come from??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:44 am 
Site Admin

A reaction from Gerrit (who only speaks Dutch, so I translate for him, translation below)

Goedemorgen
Herman een reactie op S.H.Olmes.

.De EBT-3 trein is een toekomst impressie van C.L. de Bruyn,ik heb eens aan hem gevraagd of ik een poster kon krijgen,maar hij heeft hierop nooit gereageerd.
In het verleden heeft ook Nigel Gresley aan de hand van een Bugatti trein in Parijs een futuristisch model gemaakt ,nu bekendzijnde als de Mallard nr:4468 met nog steeds het wereld snelheids record met een stoomlocomotief.
De snelheid was 126mph.(1939)

.De groen/gele trein heb ik gekocht op een site van French Dinky toys no:26-637,er werd aangegeven dat het een Bugatti trein was,eerlijk is eerlijk ,het model mist het besturingshuisje op het dak en is afwijkend ,in het verleden keken speelgoed makers soms ook niet zo nauw ,als het maar oogde en verkocht.
S.H.Olmes kan in deze gelijk hebben.(maar ik doe ze niet weg)

.De koetsen waren volgens mij een doorborduring van een ontwerp van Bugatti,hij begon met een simpele eenzitter.
Er is meer te vinden in de bijbel van Bugatti op blz 504 t/m blz 507 ,de beroemdste is ==modell mit bremsen vom type 46==

.Het type-21, aero engine is een samen werking tussen Bugatti / Diatto zie de PDF

.Het type-67 ,aero-engine heb ik laten maken aan de hand van o.a. de gegevens van Jaap,zie bijlage

.De tilting train is een uitvinding geweest(Jean)die volgens mij nu als basis in alle hoge snelheids treinen wordt gebruikt.
Als je met hoge snelheid door een bocht ga wil je rustig je kopje koffie kunnen blijven drinken en ook op je plaats blijven zitten,toch!
De Franse spoorwegen vonden het in die tijd te duur om het toe tepassen en het ging de ijskast in,maar zie in de jaren 80-90 is er toch iets met het principe gedaan.

.Het type 65 en de jeep is alleen op de tekentafel verschenen en aan de hand van oude tekeningen heb ik aan Dieter gevraagd om een model te maken.
De gegevens heb ik o.a. verkregen daar ,The bugatti-trust er in een brief aandacht aanschonk ,ik weet alleen niet meer in welke.

mvg
Gerrit

----

The EBT-3 train is a view into the future by C.L. de Bruyn. I once asked him for one of his posters, but I got no reaction.
In the past also Nigel Gresley made a futuristic model, based on a Bugatti Autorail. This specimen is now know as the "Mallard #4468", which still holds the speed record for steam trains. (126 mph, 1939)

The green/yellow train was bought in a French Dinky-Toy site, number 26-637. It was described as a Bugatti train, but to be fair the little house on the roof misses, and the train is slightly different. However, in the past toy makers were not very accurate, as long as it looked good and sold to the public.
Mr. Olmes might be right in this case. (but I will not part with them)

The carriages I think were a further development by Bugatti. He started with a single seater. More to be found in Bugatti Magnum, page 504-507. The most famous is "Modell mit Bremsen vom type 46" (Gerrit clearly has a German edition).

The type 21 is a cooperation between Bugatti and Diatto, see the PDF file I (Herman) will post in the next hours.

The type 67 aero engine is made after drawings which Jaap found, and published. (also see the photo server)

The tilting train is a design by Jean Bugatti, which is now used in all high-speed trains. When the train goes into a corner, you want to keep in your seat, and be able to still drink your coffee, not?
French railroad at the time thought it was too expensive, and the design was shelved. In the 80's and 90's they used the principle anyhow.

The type 65 and the Jeep only existed on the drawing table. Based upon the drawings Dieter Terbeck made models for me. The drawings were once published by the Bugatti Trust in a newsletter. However I do not know which one.

Best regards,

Gerrit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:47 am 
Site Admin

http://www.bugattibuilder.com/photo/alb ... ugatti.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:20 pm 

Interesting subject;

I do know (of course) the Diatto 8 cylinder aero engine, which at the moment should be in UK. However, I never saw any proof of it being called the Type 21, I could not find that in Ger Bus's interesting PDF file on Diatto either. So the question by Mr. Olmes stands; what indication does Ger have for this aero-engine being called thee Type 21?

Of course I know the T67, inteersting design (only Bugatti V-engine), and nice that a model has been built from it.

The tilting train was I believe a patent only. As I work in the railway business, I know that some tilting trains have been built, but not many. Most of the high speed trains do not have this principle, and in the UK the tilting mechanism of some of these trains were switched of, because it gave too many problems.

The T65 was also a design, by Jean, which was patented and I believe that it was entered for a small car contest. As far as I know it was never realised, and I doubt if it was ever assigned that number. Does Ger have an indication for the Type 65 being assigned to this model??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:23 pm 

So, the EBT-3 is like the Veyron (or more like a Chiron, because not executed) for rails.

And many of the others were designs only, there would have gone quite some guessing in making these miniatures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, but still it is nice to see a 3D version of what were only drawings, some even very crude. But indeed a lot of guesswork.