It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:35 am 

Outstanding contributions, gents.
Great pic rivaaquarama !
Really appreciated.
Thanks also Johan for feedback on the upholstery, especially since the model has already had some criticism on this. To this end I think Bauer deserve laurels for that stunning interior.
Thanks again
Bug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:44 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:58 pm 

Rivaquarama, you're an absolute star. Thanks a million!
Now one can get to the nitty gritty here ! :lol:
Great stuff!

Here's also wishing you all a very blessed festive season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:11 am 

With regards to the Coupe Napoleon being painted two tone by Fritz Schlumpf during its restoration, I must point out to anyone who wants to listen, that the car has always been in a two tone colour- although the two shades were of a closer tone (black against a very dark blue, instead of the more vivid shade that it wears today). This is visible if you look closely at all the old period shots of this car.
As I said before on this forum, the car now and always has carried the same 4300mm wheelbase as the other cars.
The interior on the other hand, was replaced by Fritz during the rebuild, as was the interior of the Park Ward soon after with a ghastly brocade number that resembles something from a DFS furniture outlet- in fact the pattern af the fabric in the rear of the Park Ward almost exactly matches the sofa from the British TV sit-com the Royle Family!
Interestingly the Park ward was originally dark blue. I think it was probably painted over in black when JL Burton modified the wings in the late 40's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:45 am 

Very interesting, Greg.
That brocade certainly would feel at home in an undertakers digs, pardon the pun !

Post subject: Re: New 1:18 model: Bauer Bugatti Royale Coupe de Ville
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:09 pm 

Does anyone know if the prototype retained it's original 14.7 liter engine after it was crashed and rebuilt, or was a 12.7 liter engine installed?

It is now over 3 months since the production Bauer model has been available, and I have not been able to find any comments or reviews of the final version. Has anyone found any, or bought one and have some comments. Potential purchasers are holding their breath!

Thanks
Ray C

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:10 pm 

As I have said earlier, the Coupe Napoleon has the same 125x130 12763cc engine of all the other cars. I take the whole legend of the prototype having a larger engine as yet another mistake by WF Bradley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:56 pm 
Valued contributor

Hi Greg

You are quite correct, and remember you were the one who proved that the prototype had the same wheelbase as the other 5 cars. Then there was your fascinating article about the elephant mascot. I also seem to remember a thread about which of the Royales were fitted with that steering-wheel mounted clock.

On the other hand I did ask you nicely for a photo of the Park-Ward car wearing those casings over the spare wheels. But you haven't posted it yet, have you? Remember Greg, I can only plagiarise posted work, and without that photo pretending to be an expert on the T41 is proving very difficult.

Now please get to it and post it, oh and while I'm at it, you know those painted highlights on the wheels? Red on the 2 Harrah cars, absent on the 2 Schlumpf ones, blue on the Kellner car? Those painted trim lines yes, what colour were they originally on the Coupe Napoleon, the Park Ward Limousine and the Kellner Saloon?

I was going to photograph the 2 Schlumpf cars during my European stay and try to bag an interview with some of the people who maintain them, but that is no longer going to happen, so the only way I am going to come up with something original for my Type 41 article (already a year overdue!) is to steal the information from you. So please post it, creating the illusion of being a real historian and author is damn hard work you know.

Ta, thanks
Johan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

If I recall corectly the Park Ward with wheel cover photo was posted in a thread that I deleted. (it was the one with the 11 HECO models and a dancing elephant statue in front of that.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:21 pm 

Not to forget the search light of the Park Ward!

http://www.bugattirevue.com/revue24/light.htm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:21 pm 
Valued contributor

"If I recall corectly(sic) the Park Ward with wheel cover photo was posted in a thread that I deleted. (it was the one with the 11 HECO models and a dancing elephant statue in front of that.)"

Our Honoured Founder , Mr. Herman Brouwer, wrote the above. I wish to respond to the words of our Fearless Leader as follow : What the hell's the matter with you?! Why did you have to allow the post containing these precious images to degenerate into the kind of childish bickering, arrogant vindictiveness and the breathtakingly brutal character assassinations which forms part of every argument I get involved in?

Why couldn't you just delete my posts? Its not like you haven't done it before ; every-single-time I start winning a fight you delete my genius. Why, why must you torment me so? Can I help it that I am so utterly gifted? True, I may not be the first amateur contributor to Bugantics, but I would, with a total absence of any humility, like to point out that I am very much the first to have submitted a draft to the editor containing the phrases : The British Bugatti Mafia, and, The B.O.C. Fascists, and, who also referred to the former, British, owner of a particularly well-known T57S as a moron. Expect my original to be edited to smithereens before publication. I'm sure that you will be quite able to partake in the gloating at my misery.

For my precious words to be sacrificed on the altar of decency hurts Herman, really, really hurts. So don't just stand there paralyzed by your inability to find the words to offer me a meaningful apology, make it up to me by grovelling, or, if you prefer, you could simply re-post the photo, and make sure it's posted big, I need to see those spare-wheel cases on the Park Ward. I'm sure you wouldn't mind another year's delay for the Royale article, so no pressure then. None. Nada. Njet. Niks nie.

I am (soon to be ex-)"Valued Contributor"
Johan.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:58 pm 

Bad sunday johan? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:25 pm 

Hi Johan
In the photos, go to Type 41-41131 and the first picture you will see shows the metal trims fitted.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:26 am 
Site Admin

Cut it, Johan. I am not in the mood for messing around.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:46 am 
Valued contributor

Rough weekend? Thanks for the photo.

Johan :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next