It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Nothing Much.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:24 pm 
Valued contributor

Hi Herman

Just a few random thoughts during a very boring Friday afternoon :

How do-able is more interconnectivity, for instance, if a specific car is being discussed on the forum, how about an automatic link to it on Wiki, and then from there perhaps the following links : all similar Types on public display in museums, and then from there all other Bugattis in the chosen museum. Or to pick another path : the exact mechanical layout of the type, with links to other Types that uses some of the same components?

From Wiki there can then be links from individual cars to any discussion about them on the forum, or indeed the people who own/ed them. Then a further link to any other Bugattis the person had or have etc. I know very little about computers, so I have no idea whether this is even remotely possible, but the forum, wiki and the photo server does seem occasionally a little stand-alone. Your thoughts on the matter please.

Then, how about an end of the year report from you? I'm not just talking about facts and figures either like visitor numbers and new contributors, but rather a more personal appraisal of Bugattibuilder.com from the guy who started it all. I think your aims for the future might be particularly interesting; where do you want to take Bugattibuilder.com still? Show us a bit of your soul Herman. Keep in mind the sheer volume of information now available for free on this site, and the extraordinary generosity of most contributors ; I had a hell of a time finding the English translation for Laugier, on the 27th of September 2007 I joined the forum and asked if anybody can help me. The very next day I received a private message containing a PDF of the entire translation! This site has also, lest I forget, introduced me to Jeroen, thanks to whom my quest to build a world-class Bugatti library is well underway ; introduced me to you, who convinced me to try writing, and introduced me to new friends from around the globe ; just during this week I've received e-mails from Holland, Belgium, Germany, The Czech Republic and the USA. Bugattibuilder.com has been very, very good to me; I am curious about the man who started it all.

And then, finally, is there anyway to stop that comedian who occasionally flood all the forum with (Apparently if I use the "p"-word it can be recognised by certain programmes, thereby exacerbating the problem : instead - ) crap? I don't really know why, but for some reason this guy just bugs the hell out of me. I am South African after all, not only do I own a gun, I know how to use it! We just have to find a way of luring this annoying little bastard down here, and I will do the rest. Yes, murder is still technically illegal around here, but our police are incompetent, our judges corrupt and our politicians are crooks. It's Africa after all.

My will you look at the time? I must go do some work I suppose.

Thanks Herman
Johan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:09 pm 

My next holliday must be Greenland I suppose. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Nothing Much.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:50 am 
Site Admin

Johan Buchner wrote:
Hi Herman

Just a few random thoughts during a very boring Friday afternoon :

You had a boring friday afternoon, we had the book presentation. Cruel, isn't it?

Quote:
How do-able is more interconnectivity, for instance, if a specific car is being discussed on the forum, how about an automatic link to it on Wiki, and then from there perhaps the following links : all similar Types on public display in museums, and then from there all other Bugattis in the chosen museum. Or to pick another path : the exact mechanical layout of the type, with links to other Types that uses some of the same components?

From Wiki there can then be links from individual cars to any discussion about them on the forum, or indeed the people who own/ed them. Then a further link to any other Bugattis the person had or have etc. I know very little about computers, so I have no idea whether this is even remotely possible, but the forum, wiki and the photo server does seem occasionally a little stand-alone. Your thoughts on the matter please.

Very good thought, and I am trying to incorporate as much as possible into version 3 of Bugattibuilder.com. The singularity of the different software packages I am using now bugs the hell out of me as well.

Quote:
Then, how about an end of the year report from you? I'm not just talking about facts and figures either like visitor numbers and new contributors, but rather a more personal appraisal of Bugattibuilder.com from the guy who started it all. I think your aims for the future might be particularly interesting; where do you want to take Bugattibuilder.com still? Show us a bit of your soul Herman. .... I am curious about the man who started it all.

As is very common with internet sites, "the man behind it" is a grumpy, shy, non-social, authistic and disturbed person. I wonder if he will give a report...

Quote:
And then, finally, is there anyway to stop that comedian who occasionally flood all the forum with (Apparently if I use the "p"-word it can be recognised by certain programmes, thereby exacerbating the problem : instead - ) crap? I don't really know why, but for some reason this guy just bugs the hell out of me. I am South African after all, not only do I own a gun, I know how to use it! We just have to find a way of luring this annoying little bastard down here, and I will do the rest. Yes, murder is still technically illegal around here, but our police are incompetent, our judges corrupt and our politicians are crooks. It's Africa after all.

Your ammo doesn't reach China... Untill v3 of the software is finished, just live with it. I just removed 250 suspicious accounts from the WIKI...

Quote:
Thanks Herman
Johan

Thank YOU. I value your input.

Post subject: Re: Nothing Much.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:42 pm 

Johan Buchner wrote:

Hi Johan,

What comedian are you talking about, as I see mostly hones, interesting posts?

Is murder through the Internet already technically possible? Could save you a few bullets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

The pr0n is deleted as soon as we find it. So most users do not see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:59 pm 
Valued contributor

Just a further clarification Herman, if you don't mind : I have nothing against p..n, but his is not the place for it. I am at the stage of my life where decency matters. As does a safe and sane environment for the young. For that reason and that reason alone, Herman has granted me the privilege of being able to delete posts.

Editing the posts of those I detest will be a gross abuse of this power, so I don't.

Clarified now.

Thanks
Johan