It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: New photo uploader for Bugatti photos
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

After some extensive work, I have the photo uploader up and running.

Untill now some 2100 photos have been uploaded. I am in the process of separating the photos after chassis number. A lot of chassis numbers are already there, but many still need to be added.

I will also post photos under "chassis number wanted". If you know a chassis number, you can leave that as a comment to the photo, or give me a message.

New is the possibility to see the best rated pictures. I added some place for 10 new pictures. If you see a nice picture, you can rate it, and a nice view of great pictures will be created. Every once in a while I will reset the counters.

The photo uploader can be reached here:

http://photo.bugattibuilder.com

Last edited by Herman on Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:17 pm 

Could you post instructions on how the photo uploader works? Pico

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

1. Register on the forum. The forum and the photo uploader use the same user database, so there is no need to register for the photo database anymore.
2. Login using your newly registered username.
3. Click the menu item "upload file". A new page should appear, where you can select up to 10 files from your harddisk, and 10 files from the internet.
4. Click upload. The files should upload now. This can take longer if you have a slow connection.
5. In the next page, you can determine in which album you can place the files. This can be either a general album, or a personal album. Also, you can enter more information on the picture.

In your personal album, you can create sub-albums. This can be done via the grey buttons which say "create/order my albums" etc.
The creation / ordering dialogue box works a bit strange: First click "new album" and only then change the name of that. I hope they make that a better working feature, now it works, but it is not that intuitive.

For this moment, I am the only one who can create general albums. If you have need for an extra album (for instance a type number) then drop me a message, upload to a "chassis number unknown" album (I will move them for you), or to your personal album.

Please play around. Do not worry about making mistakes. It is new for you all, and also new for me. So there is plenty of room for error...

Last edited by Herman on Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:04 am 

It all works, though I had to upload my pictures (an article really, also for your collection Martijn!) 2 times, as I didn't have a gallery yet in which to put them.... After making the gallery, I couldn't find the pictures back...

A few more comments: The page is incredibly wide! One doesn't see most of the pictures directly. Maybe this can be changed?

If it will be impossible to merge the forum with the photo server, it would be nice to have a link to the photo server on all pages. Now I know where to find the address, but in a year from now it will be impossible to find it back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

About the width of the photo page: Your file description was incredibly long. (due to the underscores).

this_is_an_example_of_what_I_mean.

It is no problem to just use spaces, in which case the program can put some enters in, if things get to long.

However, I made the changes for you. (I never realised this myself either).

Links will be provided for when I receive my subdomains. (photo.bugattibuilder.com, foto.bugattibuilder.com, wiki.bugattibuilder.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:44 am 

I just created an album and found it easy to use and upload files. Did'nt take long to figure it out. I like it, Great job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:29 am 
Site Admin

Great job you all.

Keep uploading pictures. Once I will be back from Italy and Molsheim, I have some nice pictures to upload as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

I added the "best rated" section to the frontpage. (there is room for 10 pictures).

If you see a picture that you like, you can rate it. The frontpage will show the best rated pictures.
I will reset the rates every now and then, if needed.