It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: DILLON-KAVANAGH.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:26 am 

Baron Georges was Ettore's first distributor.

I I understand a rather confusing source of information It was said of him : “He is a man of splendid abilities but utterly corrupt. He shines and stinks like a rotten mackerel by moonlight".

He is said to have died a violent death in 1944.

Does anyone have more information ?

Last edited by GCL-Wales on Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: DILLON-KAVANAGH.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 am 

Yes I do have more informations but I need you private address. Rgrds jacobug

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:52 am 

I have been threatened with legal action by various Bugatti owners in connection with my "Bugatti's People" book I have been working on for the last four years.

My book is intended as a register of all the people who have been involved in the Bugatti story during the years 1909 to 2009.

The people who have threatened legal action against me have claimed that I have breached their right to privacy. However, all the information of this nature in my book was already in the public domain. As I had to explain to one Bugatti owner recently, if he chooses to enter historic race meetings and diplay his car in parades up Prescott with his name on his overalls and in the events' programmes he can't be too concerned about his privacy.

Can you assure me you're not looking for my address in order to serve an injunction on me ?

Also, I am considering going to Zandvoort on 12th/13th September en route to Molsheim. Will you be there ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:00 pm 

I have no intention at all to sue you in anyway. It is just that I don not want anyone to see the item I have on Dillon Kavanagh. It is extremely rare and I want to keep it to myself but for you I make an exception. I will not go to Zandvoort but I will be at Molsheim but NOT as a participant. I prefer to leave that to owners of replicas or Veyrons.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:54 pm 

I will be staying with my wife at Le Bugatti Hotel between Sunday 13th September and Thursday 17th September. Perhaps you would allow us to treat you to supper and I can show you some of my photo collection which I will be bringing with me. My "real" Bugatti will not, alas, be ready in time for the trip.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:23 pm 

OK